What Do You Tip Room Service

k2

What do you use as a guideline to tip room service. Is it the same for a pot of coffee and a meal? How do you decide... I personally have never used this option, we dont mind getting our own. I may try the nachoes this time... I hear they are to die for!!!!

When we were on the Voyager last year, we had coffee delivered every morning. You put out your little sign the nite before and around 8AM they'd either call and be there, or just show up. I usually just dropped a couple of bucks on the tray and never saw any sign of them not liking that. Haven't tried having a meal delivered yet, but we are going to have that done on our Canal trip, and figured that is going to be well worth a fiver. A couple of hints for you as far as the coffee goes. First, take your own favorite cups. The ones they bring take about 2 sips and you're done. Plus you can't get your fingers in the handle. Secondly, order 2 pots if you're coffee drinkers. One just doesn't cut it.
Hope this helps. Mike & Nancy!!

We usually give the server $2 for continental breakfast delivery. For a full meal, we would probably leave more, but we've never done it.

I agree with Mike&Nancy: order coffee for 4 people if you like to drink a lot of coffee. But leave your mugs at home - you can always get one from the Windjammer the night before & have it ready (the room service cups are very small). Also if you take milk, check that you want milk separately, otherwise you'll get powdered creamer.

k2, you have had lots of answers and they all say about $2 is fair, buuuut...

Here's something I do that noone else has suggested. Before the cruise, I go by the bank and get a couple of rolls of the [i] Golden Eagle Dollars [/i]. When I get breakfast delivered, I give the delivery two of those. They really remember the difference. I had one R.S. attendant tell me one cruise, [b]"There are several of us delivering and we all fight over who gets to deliver to you because we all want the Golden Dollars."[/b]. Just makes my appreceation a little more special.

Hope this helps.

[img]http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_programs/gd/hiresduo.gif[/img]

[url="http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/golden_dollar_coin/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=golden_dollar_specs"]http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/golden_dollar_coin/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=golden_dollar_specs[/url]

How many are in one roll?

This may sound silly, but.... I always associate coins with 'loose change', have you ever felt that someone had not realized that these were dollers and felt 'under tipped'?

We usually tip $2. On Mariner this spring, my sister came up with a great spot to keep the tip money for her breakfast order ready overnight. Instead of having to fumble for it without glasses in the morning, she would put it in the little plastic "pocket" on the back of the door where the "do not disturb" card lived. That way the tip was ready and right at hand when the room service guy arrived. (And yes, I know they call ahead, but this way seemed so clever to me).

Archived