Fun, Inexpensive hotels in Miami close to the beach...

cmalibu1

Ok so, I am staying in Miami for 2 nights before we leave for St.Lucia. Can anyone recommend a inexpensive hotel that is close to the beach?

We have seen some hotels that we loved, but of course they go for$550 a night..lol. Just out of our budget.

We dont really want the cheapest however because we also looked at pictures of some and thought, ''how dingy'' is there maybe a hotel in between those two categories?!

I have never been there so I want to have a great time while stayong (plus its our honeymoon so we would like a nice room and atmosphere)

Thanks for your comments!

:D We are staying at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront next week.. we have reserved an oceanfront room for 2 nights and I found out that a taxi to the port of Miami will be less than $10 .. decent prices on the hotel and no where NEAR $500!!! And I've heard it's right on the boardwalk

The CY is a bit up the strip....within bus or cab ride of South Beach. but bet it's a nice hotel.

The SB hotels are the ones that are pricey....we stayed at the Richmond Hotel which wasn't cheap (paid $259 in March). Location is fabulous and it is "on" the beach. 1 1/2 blocks from Lincoln Road. Was it the nicest hotel I have ever stayed...absolutely not but it was fine for two nights. Smaller rooms and bathrooms are old style but it's South Beach.

Most SB hotels are older and yes, some are dingy. Depending on the time of year you go will determine the cost. Some people use Priceline and have good luck.

The CY is a bit up the strip....within bus or cab ride of South Beach. but bet it's a nice hotel.

The SB hotels are the ones that are pricey....we stayed at the Richmond Hotel which wasn't cheap (paid $259 in March). Location is fabulous and it is "on" the beach. 1 1/2 blocks from Lincoln Road. Was it the nicest hotel I have ever stayed...absolutely not but it was fine for two nights. Smaller rooms and bathrooms are old style but it's South Beach.

Most SB hotels are older and yes, some are dingy. Depending on the time of year you go will determine the cost. Some people use Priceline and have good luck.

I found a hotel called "Newport Beachside Resort" it seems nice enough?! Anyone heard of it?! I think for our price range we could get a beachside suite. The photos looked good, but then again...don't they all?!

Thanks!

have you visited www.tripadvisor.com yet? I would maybe put in the name of that hotel & read the reviews that people put.. plus sometimes there will be some great photo's of hotels on there too

good luck & congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Great idea! I love trip advisor! actually I did do that already but sometimes its so hard to tell because people complain and make mountains out of molehills. There were a lot of positives along with a handful of negatives...so sometimes its hard to get a feel.

I just like that we coul dhave a nicer room facing the ocean for a decent price, but dont want anything run down or dingy...

We have never been to this area, so its all new to us!!

:D We are staying at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront next week.. we have reserved an oceanfront room for 2 nights and I found out that a taxi to the port of Miami will be less than $10 .. decent prices on the hotel and no where NEAR $500!!! And I've heard it's right on the boardwalk

A cab to the Port of Miami from Mid Beach will be closer to $30 and not under $10.

I would highly suggest renting a car because there really isn't anything within walking distance to the hotel and it is on a very very busy part of Collins Avenue.

While it is on the 'boardwalk' the boardwalk is nothing more than a wooden walkway. No shops or restaurants or anything.

I found a hotel called "Newport Beachside Resort" it seems nice enough?! Anyone heard of it?! I think for our price range we could get a beachside suite. The photos looked good, but then again...don't they all?!

Thanks!

I really like The Newport Beach Resort. It is in a very swanky part of Bal Harbor.

What are your dates?

I suggest you take a look at The South Seas Resort in South Beach. It is privately owned and generally a pretty good deal. Rates should be under $200 per night and it is oceanfront, a rarity in South Beach.

Also, take a look at www.VRBO.com

There are som fantastic hotels in South Beach that are a couple of blocks off the beach. In South Beach, it really doesn't matter if you are on the beach or not.

Congrats and good luck!

Earlier this year I stayed at the Hotel Astor in South Beach and really enjoyed it. The hotel is one block from Ocean Dr, so it's an easy walk to the beach as well as tons of restaurants and clubs. The service was very good, and I was happy with the room. The rates for October are around $165-175 a night during the week.

Archived