45-day letter

hatchetjack5

What was you offered on your 45 day letter?

We were offered fruit basket, coupons, champaign, chocolates, room decorated, etc. Anyone offered something else?

This is only my 2nd cruise, so I was thinking maybe the more cruises under your belt the better your options would be.

What was you offered on your 45 day letter?

We were offered fruit basket, coupons, champaign, chocolates, room decorated, etc. Anyone offered something else?

This is only my 2nd cruise, so I was thinking maybe the more cruises under your belt the better your options would be.

When I got my letter it didn't give me the option. It just said to call within 45 days of my next cruise. Did yours list specifics of what you get in your letter?

What did you choose?:D

I wasn't given any choice. I was given a $50 OBC ($25 pp) on two occasions.

I'll take that over a limited choice of goodies. I can spend it however I like.

I hope folks don't get too greedy with the 45-day letter thing. As more and more people find out about it and more and more write hoping to get something for nothing, Carnival will probably become less generous.

I write to them to give them my thoughts, not hoping to get something in return. I'm just happy when they write back and address the points I've brought up. It tells me that they are actually reading the letters. That's all I ask. Of course I won't turn down the freebie, but that isn't the main goal of writing to them.

I write to them to give them my thoughts, not hoping to get something in return. I'm just happy when they write back and address the points I've brought up. It tells me that they are actually reading the letters. That's all I ask. Of course I won't turn down the freebie, but that isn't the main goal of writing to them.

This expressed my reasons for writing Carnival as well. I write in hopes of improving my next cruise.....either with a suggestion or (like the last letter) a compliment of praise for how well everything went....kind of a "don't change a thing" letter. I especially like to make sure that staff and crew that went out of their way are recognized by the "powers that be".

Sometimes we get a 45 day letter ...sometimes we don't.

To answer the OP: We usually get the drink coupons....although we have gotten everything from 4 shore excursions to $200.00 OBC. Even letters that are written with a suggestion or two are never "complaints".

I just called yesterday with my 45 day letter and this what was offered to us:

Bottle of Red or White Wine

Bottle of Champagne

4 - Bar Coupons

$15.00 Photo Credit Coupon

A Fruit Basket

A box of Chocolates

A Solid Chocolate shaped Ship

Room Decorations

She really encouraged the room decorations when I told her we were celebrating our 20th anniversary but we decided to take the bar coupons and put the decorations as a second choice. You can't drink decorations!

I agree about people not going over board with the 45 day letter. I wrote one after each cruise to let the ships officers know how I was taken care of. It is very important to the waiters and stewards that they get good reviews. I believe this is the only way they get raises.

About a month ago I wrote to Carnival to let them know what I pleasant experience I had with my new PVP and how great my old PVP was (he was promoted). I received a very kind letter back from Carnival thanking me for my comments on my Valor cruise and that they appreciate the feedback on the cruise and to call them 45 days before my next cruise for a free gift.

Here's why I ask if they actually read them....I never even mentioned my cruise on Valor.:confused: :confused: It made me wonder if they even read what I'd written and I wanted them to know how friendly the PVP was.

I'm just sayin'.....

We are booked on for our 7th Carnival cruise in December and have never received a 45 day letter. Do you have to write a letter to them in order to get this letter? I made some comments on our comment card at the end of the last cruise but never heard anything back. I will say we have gotton some perks like a fruit basket, room decoration, photo coupon, chocolate covered strawberries.:) We were not sure if they came from the Ocean Players Club or just because of the number of cruises we have been on.

Archived