OK so final payment is due in 22 days and...

Sorry I haven't been back but we didn't have electric for a while! These responses are HYSTERICAL!!!! :D (I do love my tequila!)

I've paid a little bit already - and I have visa points to cash in, I have about 40K points and his card has around 25K. So when all is said and done we're probably looking at a balance of around $2500 - which is the only figure DH will ever know about, if you know what I mean. ;)

Regarding the points: Once final payment is made will points just be OBC right? I'm not sure how late I can redeem them for money off the cruise - can I do it right at the last minute when FP is due? I know I need to call in and get the certs etc. but I'd hate to get them, apply them and then need to cancel if DH says no. :(

decisions, decisions.....

~Connie

Sorry I haven't been back but we didn't have electric for a while! These responses are HYSTERICAL!!!! :D (I do love my tequila!)

I've paid a little bit already - and I have visa points to cash in, I have about 40K points and his card has around 25K. So when all is said and done we're probably looking at a balance of around $2500 - which is the only figure DH will ever know about, if you know what I mean. ;)

Regarding the points: Once final payment is made will points just be OBC right? I'm not sure how late I can redeem them for money off the cruise - can I do it right at the last minute when FP is due? I know I need to call in and get the certs etc. but I'd hate to get them, apply them and then need to cancel if DH says no. :(

decisions, decisions.....

~Connie

Connie, you've got to tell him girl!!!!:eek: Then you'll know what to do about the OBC's. You know your DH and you've gotten great suggestions on how to deal with serveral different personality types on here. Whether you go the sympathy or praise route, I think you already should have a pretty good idea on whether or not your DH is going to go for it or not.

Tell him and let us know!!

I agree some of the responses have been a hoot!

Here is my dream.......I would love the day I could get out the luggage and start packing. DH would ask what I am doing and I could tell him we're going on a cruise....tomorrow! :D :D

OP...good luck on telling him, we can't wait to hear the outcome!

Print out this thread and put a copy of it at the dinner table, just before you serve him up his favorite meal in nothing but an apron.

OR

Tell him you booked a cruise, he's paying for it, and if he knows whats good for him he'll either get with the program or add a second bed into the renovation plans. (He'll inevitably decide that the program is worth getting with).

My loving wife would probably take the second choice. Then again, I told her about the 4 day this December...right after I booked it.:rolleyes:

Honestly? I'll be the Debbie Downer and say I would just cancel it and not say anything. No harm, no foul.

It sounds like this is something you really cannot afford right now if you're looking at all the different ways to package it and you're so worried. Why tantalize your husband with something he wants but knows he really shouldn't have now.

Rebook when you're in a better financial position to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
I still havent told DH that I booked this cruise!!! :eek: Yikes!

It was meant as a surprise for him and the girls. I booked it before we started major renovations on our house in hopes that we'd be done by now and more than ready for a vacation. Well, we're not done yet but definety in need of a vacation LOL. How do I break it to him that we have to pay $$ now for a cruise in Nov? sigh.

~Connie

So Connie, What happened?? I just found this thread tonight and am dying to know if you ever told him. Are you still going? Was he happy?

How did you do it??? Just tell us the whole story LOL :D

Archived