Help with Self Planned Panama Tours

benadena

My boyfriend and I will be disembarking in Colon in November from a Silversea cruise. I have talked with the cruise line and they do not offer any excursions, only a transfer from Colon to the Panama City airport.

Since our flight isn't leaving to MUCH later in the evening I would like to see things in Panama.

Do you know of any tours that you have planned yourself that you have booked through the internet? I would love to visit the locks and see some of the rainforest and then have transportation to the Airport in Panama City!

Any help is greatly appreciated! - I have been Googling for days!

Dena

Wife and I were in Colon Nov of 2003. Did the private tour to the Pacific side, paid quite a bit for 10 people, driver nor tour guide spoke English very well. If you have 5 to 6 to kill, do either a short tour of the Gatun lock or a fort they have close by, then come back to the port and check out the FREE ZONE. It is where you can buy any item from around the world without tax, tariff, or transportation fee. We plan to go back in Nov of 2005 and plan to shop, shop, shop. It is right next to the port, within walking distance. It is 40 square acres of wholesale and retail outlets offering every product from around the world.

Archived