Panama Canal Cruise

NW Pacific

October 2009, any opinions or advice, how is a 14 day vs a 7day cruise, just starting to think about this, we just got off the Pearl and had such a good time we want to go again on the same ship and have always though about the PC trip but wondering if 14 days will be too long???

We've done long cruises since 1999. We started by doing back to backs and they progressed to 21 days on a back to back and finally a 19 day PC from LA last April.

14 days via 2 - 7 day cruises is definitely different that a straight 14 or longer cruise. You sort of catch your breathe on the turn-around day.

Since neither my wife or myself are big sea day people we find that if we have a lot of sea days before returning to disembark that it does feel like it's dragging a little. Though I must admit on our 19 day PC the last two days were refreshing because of all the ports and tours (and maybe the heat).

We found that 7 days was much to short for our taste. Heck we just get to know the ship and the cruise would be over.

I dont think a 14 day trip would be too long. Have done a 12 day and could easily have stayed longer. Agree with the previous post that a 7 day is tooo short also.

If you have a few sea days to break it up then that can be good.

We love to cruise and have found that the 7 day cruises are not long enough. You are just getting into the swing of things and you are starting to think about getting off the ship. Anything over 10 days is good. Our last cruise was a B2B from Fortlauderdale through the Panama Canal and around Sth America to Buenos Aires. It was in total 28 days, we loved every minutes of it. We usually do cruises that have a balance of sea days and port days, this gives you a relaxing time as well as seeing the sights.

Get out there and enjoy yourself.

Peta

We did the Panama Canal on NCL this past Feb on the Jade repositioning for 14 days. One of us is a reader and the other is not and for the one that likes to read it was pure bliss having the extra sea days. For the one who does not read it was hell. There is only so much walking around, watching TV, eating or gambling that one can do in a day and if you don't like to read.....keep to a shorter, less sea days cruise....of course this is all IMHO.

Thanks for the information; now I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has cruised the Panama Canal in Sept-Oct. from what I have researched those are not ideal months for that area???? I am surprised that NCl does not have more choices, I know they have an April 09 cruise, but nothing in Jan or Feb when it is supposedly the best weather. Anyway would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for the information; now I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has cruised the Panama Canal in Sept-Oct. from what I have researched those are not ideal months for that area???? I am surprised that NCl does not have more choices, I know they have an April 09 cruise, but nothing in Jan or Feb when it is supposedly the best weather. Anyway would appreciate any feedback.

We are doing the Panama Canal on the Star on Jan 2nd. They also have another on on Jan 16th. They are both 14 days. The one on the 2nd goes from LA to Miami, and the one on the 16th goes from Miami to LA. We would love to have you on the Jan 2 trip.

Archived