staterooms question

coffee39

We are very new to cruising. We have only had one cruise and that was on the Sapphire Princess. We fell in love with cruising and would like to try the NCL as we are not interested in hauling formal wear along. I cannot go a whole week without my bathtub so my question is what is the lowest category stateroom on NCL that has a full bath. I know on Sapphire we had to take a mini suite but I am not sure if that is the same on NCL.s

Thanks for you help.

Not sure if all the ships are the same but the Dawn has 107 mini-suites. They are 229 square feet and have two lower beds that can be put together as a queen-size bed or left separate. A living area, a balcony, and a bath with full tub and shower. Enjoy!

I believe that a bathtub is a perquisite of mini-suites and above on most, if not all, NCL ships. Whether or not you consider the bath tub to be "full" will be left to your interpretation. IMHO, they are indeed tubs, but not "full length"; that is, a 6-ft tall person might well feel cramped. They are not as long as my tub at home. Your mileage may vary :)

We are very new to cruising. We have only had one cruise and that was on the Sapphire Princess. We fell in love with cruising and would like to try the NCL as we are not interested in hauling formal wear along. I cannot go a whole week without my bathtub so my question is what is the lowest category stateroom on NCL that has a full bath. I know on Sapphire we had to take a mini suite but I am not sure if that is the same on NCL.s

Thanks for you help.

An AG mini-suite is the lowest category with a bathtub. It's the same as an AF mini-suite except that the AG's are located at the furthermost aft position on either the starboard or port side of the ship. You will save a few dollars by booking an AG rather the AF. If you want more mid-ship though, go with the AF.

Have fun no matter what cabin you choose and where you cruise! :)

An AG mini-suite is the lowest category with a bathtub. It's the same as an AF mini-suite except that the AG's are located at the furthermost aft position on either the starboard or port side of the ship. You will save a few dollars by booking an AG rather the AF. If you want more mid-ship though, go with the AF.

Have fun no matter what cabin you choose and where you cruise! :)

The Sun has AF mini-suites on the aft...I stayed in one of them (9278) in April. The tub was huge and bigger than the regular tub in my house. I'm pretty sure that each ship is outfitted a little differently.

Diane

The mini-suites on the Sun are the best in the fleet!!

Shhhh, they might raise the price.

I wholeheartedly agree! And IMO the best location for minisuites is either the bow or the stern. On the Sun there are two at the bow and six at the stern. They are the largest minis in the NCL fleet.

On the Jewel, Pearl, Jade and Gem there are seven minisuites (two are handicap cabins) at the stern.

Archived