C & A ??????

I have read in threads about C&A codes, coupons, and discounts....but have never actually found out what it is. Can anyone tell me about this subject? Everything you know please! I know how great you guys are about information sharing so thanks in advance!:)

I have read in threads about C&A codes, coupons, and discounts....but have never actually found out what it is. Can anyone tell me about this subject? Everything you know please! I know how great you guys are about information sharing so thanks in advance!:)

The Crown and Anchor Society is the loyalty program of Royal Caribbean.

You join after your first cruise, and then you are Gold.

Once you have earned 5 cruise credits, you become Platinum.

Once you have earned 10 cruise credits, you become Diamond.

Once you have earned 24 cruise credits, you become Diamond.

You get one cruise credit for any cruise that you take. If that cruise is 12 nights or longer, you get another cruise credit for the same sailing. If you are in a JS or higher, you receiver ANOTHER cruise credit for the same sailing. (maximum of 3 cc per cruise)

There are various benefits at each level.

One benefit is special C&A coupons. Another is a balcony discount for Platinum and Diamond.

Here is the link to RC's website describing C&A:

Click here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

Then click on "Crown & Anchor Society" button in the navigation bar on the right. Then click on "benefits".

Sunni,

There are at least two places to get RCCL 'deals'. You have identified one - the C&A (Crown & Anchor) discounts where you go to the RCCL web site, click on C&A in the upper right corner of the page and then go to the 'Special offers' where you will find discounts on specific cruises for C&A members that must be either printed and mailed or copied and emailed to get the discount.

The second discount page is posted each Tuesday by RCCL at:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

- and the 'specials' change every week, so you must check each Wed or Thur to see if your cruise has a discount that you can get by calling your TA or RCCL direct (depending on how you booked the cruise). Many of the discounts are simply 'direct' others are for age 55 and over and at the bottom of the web site are the 'resident' discounts for those living in particular states. In many years of tracking, I have not been able to identify any pattern to the states discounts! BUT - it is worth checking each week! I saved over $600 on a recent cruise with the resident discount that was posted shortly before final payment. I called RCCL, got the discount to reduce the base price and then a couple of weeks later moved the booking to a TA that provides prepaid gratuities as an incentive. In all, I'm sure my 'total' cruise cost was less than others in the same cabin category - but our bar tab more than made-up for the 'savings'.

The Crown and Anchor Society is the loyalty program of Royal Caribbean.

You join after your first cruise, and then you are Gold.

Once you have earned 5 cruise credits, you become Platinum.

Once you have earned 10 cruise credits, you become Diamond.

Once you have earned 24 cruise credits, you become Diamond.

You get one cruise credit for any cruise that you take. If that cruise is 12 nights or longer, you get another cruise credit for the same sailing. If you are in a JS or higher, you receiver ANOTHER cruise credit for the same sailing. (maximum of 3 cc per cruise)

There are various benefits at each level.

One benefit is special C&A coupons. Another is a balcony discount for Platinum and Diamond.

Here is the link to RC's website describing C&A:

Click here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

Then click on "Crown & Anchor Society" button in the navigation bar on the right. Then click on "benefits".

Hi Marion: As you know, we are doing a B2B on the Mariner of the Seas with you next Jan.'09 This is our first time with RCCL so if I am reading your

post correctly - I will be "Gold" after the first leg - and then get 2 more credits for the second leg (another 14 nites). As the first leg is for

14 nites, also - when I become "Gold" will that first cruise count for

an additional 2 credits = 4?? Thanks. :cool:

Hi Marion: As you know, we are doing a B2B on the Mariner of the Seas with you next Jan.'09 This is our first time with RCCL so if I am reading your

post correctly - I will be "Gold" after the first leg - and then get 2 more credits for the second leg (another 14 nites). As the first leg is for

14 nites, also - when I become "Gold" will that first cruise count for

an additional 2 credits = 4?? Thanks. :cool:

Yes! When you disembark from the Mariner, you will be one cruise credit away from Platinum! Talk to the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) during the first leg, and then you can get the Gold coupon book for the second leg. :)

I have a similar question: if we take our first RCCL, what is the incentive to book a 2nd cruise with RCCL? Is there a rebooking onboard incentive? I just have not been able to find out the details of the C&A other than "coupon books" on your second cruise.

Thanks in advance for any other info you can provide. We are looking at booking a short RCCL for next summer.

'Ears,

Yes, there is a 'next cruise' benefit available IF you book that cruise while on a cruise. There are two ways to do it:

1 - if you know the cruise you want to take next, simply book it while on-board and the discount will be applied (actual $ amount varies depending on cruise duration, cabin category, etc.) And you will get a discount coupon that other family or friends my use to join you on that same cruise.

2 - if you do not yet know the cruise you will take next, while on-board, simply book an 'open' next cruise. A booking number will be assigned and you will use that number when booking the cruise you wish. You will receive a paper coupon that you must complete and send to RCCL after you have actually booked your cruise. AND you will also get the family & friends coupon that they may use on the same cruise as you have booked.

'Ears,

Yes, there is a 'next cruise' benefit available IF you book that cruise while on a cruise. There are two ways to do it:

1 - if you know the cruise you want to take next, simply book it while on-board and the discount will be applied (actual $ amount varies depending on cruise duration, cabin category, etc.) And you will get a discount coupon that other family or friends my use to join you on that same cruise.

2 - if you do not yet know the cruise you will take next, while on-board, simply book an 'open' next cruise. A booking number will be assigned and you will use that number when booking the cruise you wish. You will receive a paper coupon that you must complete and send to RCCL after you have actually booked your cruise. AND you will also get the family & friends coupon that they may use on the same cruise as you have booked.

Thank you so much for your answer. This will make it easier to get dh to rebook on board. ;)

Yes, if you are planning to take another cruise with RCCL within the next couple of years, the on-board booking discount should not be overlooked. PLUS, (at the present time) you can still take advantage of any 'special' pricing like resident discounts, price drops, etc.

Technically, there is no discount for booking your next cruise on board. If you book a future cruise while on board you will get on board credit on your NEXT cruise and the amount is based on the length of the cruise only.

Technically, there is no discount for booking your next cruise on board. If you book a future cruise while on board you will get on board credit on your NEXT cruise and the amount is based on the length of the cruise only.

Which, technically.........to me equals a discount!.

Rick

Sunni,

There are at least two places to get RCCL 'deals'. You have identified one - the C&A (Crown & Anchor) discounts where you go to the RCCL web site, click on C&A in the upper right corner of the page and then go to the 'Special offers' where you will find discounts on specific cruises for C&A members that must be either printed and mailed or copied and emailed to get the discount.

The second discount page is posted each Tuesday by RCCL at:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

- and the 'specials' change every week, so you must check each Wed or Thur to see if your cruise has a discount that you can get by calling your TA or RCCL direct (depending on how you booked the cruise). Many of the discounts are simply 'direct' others are for age 55 and over and at the bottom of the web site are the 'resident' discounts for those living in particular states. In many years of tracking, I have not been able to identify any pattern to the states discounts! BUT - it is worth checking each week! I saved over $600 on a recent cruise with the resident discount that was posted shortly before final payment. I called RCCL, got the discount to reduce the base price and then a couple of weeks later moved the booking to a TA that provides prepaid gratuities as an incentive. In all, I'm sure my 'total' cruise cost was less than others in the same cabin category - but our bar tab more than made-up for the 'savings'.

I looked at the discount page. Or those prices only for residents of the USA or can anybody get those rates ?

Thanks

Limboman54 (from Europe)

I really do not know the answer. The standard disciaimer at the bottom of each page only mentions that prices are in US dollars. You could email your question to RCCL or C&A for the answer. Calling the Europe phone numbers may not get the answer you wish!

Archived