Tuxs vs suits for Formal nights

Mysteryfan

I am starting to think about our packing for our upcoming Maasdam cruises and can't decide whether to just bring Dh's tuxedo or to also bring his white dinner jacket. He will definitely be wearing one or the other on formal nights.

We find for Canada/New England sailings there are at least 50-60% gentlemen in tux or dinner jacket.

And I will be one of those in a tuxedo on our upcoming Canada/New England cruise!

I am starting to think about our packing for our upcoming Maasdam cruises and can't decide whether to just bring Dh's tuxedo or to also bring his white dinner jacket. He will definitely be wearing one or the other on formal nights.

I think it depends on length of cruise. If it is a 2-week or longer one, with more than two formal nights, I'd take both. However, I'd only take the tux on a 7-day cruise.

Bob

My husband and I just got back from the Oosterdam on Saturday and noticed more business suits (with and without ties) than tuxes on Formal Night. Completely up to you! I would wear what you feel comfortable in. You will see all kinds of styles/colors on Formal Night! :)

:D We will celebrate our 39th Anniversary on our upcoming Maasdam cruise and DH still wears his tux or dinner jacket on all our cruises. ;)

Tell him to bring both. Show the colors. With the tux dying we need more not less. We are looking at 10 day B to B s in the Caribbean in Winter and I fully intend to take both a tux and a dinner jacket. So I will have to pay extra for my luggage. Remember - Money is only dirty paper.

Archived