Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

DG2004

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

I thought I would just throw my experience with this hotel out there in an attempt to help others trying to decide on hotels in the area.

We stayed at this Courtyard for our Pre-Cruise hotel this past spring, and I have to tell you that it was great. Rooms were very nice and very clean. Staff was more than courteous, and they offered a free shuttle to the FLL cruise port.

Also, it is located across from the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum. We were a little bored waiting on some friends so we checked it out and I have to say it was great. They have a lot of stuff there including a outdoor exhibit that shows several different types of habitats for fish (and what my wife loved…the big pen of gators including a huge bull gator). I am no fisherman but it was well worth the price of admission (I think it was like $3 or 4) and would be great for kids.

All in all, we will stay at the hotel again whenever we cruise out of either Miami of Fort Lauderdale

Thanks for your comments. I just booked this hotel last night at $99 per night for our New Years cruise on the Crown. I was happy with that rate since I couldn't risk using Priceline since we have 7 of us and 3 rooms, not all for the same number of nights.

I was also looking at this hotel in March for a one night stay prior to our departure. I saw that it offered airport shuttle and cruise port shuttle. However, it does not offer pick up at the cruise port - does anybody know how easy it is to get a cab or ride to the airport upon return to FLL?

Also - how much for a cab to go crab a bite to eat the night before the cruise down in FLL?

Any help is appreciated....thanks for the positive review.

Cabs are very plentiful at the cruise port. On our May cruise, we just walked out and down to the end of the building and the cabs were there waiting to pick up fares. We got right in, no waiting. The cost was around $13 but my husband gave them a $20. Hope this helps!

Thanks, am considering this hotel also, are there restaurants and shopping nearby(within walking distance)?

There is a Bass Pro Shop next door that has a nice little eatery in it, and there was some kind of tram system, but aside from that I do not remember that much nearby

there seemed to be alot within a few minutes by car....sorry I couldnt be more help. I will ask my wife if she remembers anything

Will be staying at this property in November pre-cruise - don't have to worry about returning from the cruise since it's a one-way to South America!

Anyhow - does anyone know if there are any package/liquor stores within walking distance of this hotel? We get in about 8:30 and know that most stores stay open until about midnight and would like to p/u some pre-cruise booze and water if possible.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

We are staying here for just one night pre-cruise ......was just wondering the same.....is there anything close by within walking distance to pick up some water, pop and snacks??? Will have lots of kids in our group and this would be nice! Also....glad to hear about the fishing hall of fame.....Have a couple kids in the group who love to fish so I am sure they will hit that during the day while us girls hang out at the pool!! :) Thanks for any help!!

Will be staying at this property in November pre-cruise - don't have to worry about returning from the cruise since it's a one-way to South America!

Anyhow - does anyone know if there are any package/liquor stores within walking distance of this hotel? We get in about 8:30 and know that most stores stay open until about midnight and would like to p/u some pre-cruise booze and water if possible.

Thanks!

I was there two weeks ago. Pre-Cruise. Yes this is a very nice hotel. Great staff nice rooms. Be sure to sign up for the shuttle to the ports when you check-in they have 3 times you can pick. 10,11, or 12noon. I would go with the 11AM. The 12noon shuttle tends to get very booked up. And you might have a wait. They use a 10 pasanger van and depending on how many people are going to what ship is how they load up. So if you have 4 going on HAL and 5 going on CCL, and you are on another ship. You might have to wait till it comes back for the next round of guest. There where something like 30 people waiting for the 12noon van. We got luck and where on the first van out. I give credit to the hotel they are very well organize with getting you to the port.

For dinner we walk over to BASS PRO SPORTS to the fish resturant there. Very good but NOT cheep.

BUT the closest liquor store and any other type of stores where a good 3 mile walk. It was so nice in FL that Friday I did do the walk. It was a nice walk did about 6 miles in total. If you are not into walking then you will need to get a cab. Or just about 1/2 mile away is a 7-11 type of store gas station that you can buy your water at.

You might ask your shuttle driver when you are going from the airport to the hotel. And maybe on his next trip to the airport he could drop you off (for a tip) and then take a taxi back.

Have fun on your cruise. I did. And cant wait until my next cruise.

Thanks everyone for the great info. We'll be staying there next week this time for 1 day before our cruise. DH is so excited because he can walk to Bass Pro Shop and I can stay at the pool. ;)

Last time we were in FLL he took the rental car and spent about 7 hrs. there, yes 7 hrs. so I will gladly stay behind.

Hi folks,

We stay at this hotel in Dania Beach four times a year when we visit our Florida kids. Just a little info for you. There is a 15% off coupon in the Ft. Lauderdale guide book which is available in the lobby for the Islamorada Fish Company restaurant next door in the Bass

shop. If it's stone crab season, they have the best and cheapest stone crabs in Ft. Lauderdale. Our friends live in the area and told us this info. John, I was there also two weeks ago and it was a zoo to get to the ship. I really don't know why people wait for the free shuttle, when a cab gets you there faster and isn't that much money. It's only a 10 or 15 minute ride to the ship from the hotel. The hotel has the very best staff and they remember us every time we return. We even get the same room each time.

Happy cruising!

Sheila

Hi folks,

John, I was there also two weeks ago and it was a zoo to get to the ship. I really don't know why people wait for the free shuttle, when a cab gets you there faster and isn't that much money. It's only a 10 or 15 minute ride to the ship from the hotel. The hotel has the very best staff and they remember us every time we return. We even get the same room each time.

Happy cruising!

Sheila

Why pay when its free. Plus we where not in a big hurry to get to the ship. It sailed at 7PM.:)

Hi John,

When we were there two weeks ago, the people were anxiously awaiting the 11:00 a.m. shuttle to the ship and were lined up like crazy. If you are going on a cruise, what's an extra $15 to get to the ship at YOUR leisure? Think of it as two less drinks on the ship!!!!

Sheila

• 1 month later...

I am staying here in July before my Enchantment cruise. There will be 4 of us - I'm thinking maybe we should skip the shuttle and taxi it to the port.

Do taxis wait in front of the hotel, or would we need to call one? Thinking maybe we should line up at 10 or whatnot and then if it's long, go ahead and get a taxi.

I am staying here in July before my Enchantment cruise. There will be 4 of us - I'm thinking maybe we should skip the shuttle and taxi it to the port.

Do taxis wait in front of the hotel, or would we need to call one? Thinking maybe we should line up at 10 or whatnot and then if it's long, go ahead and get a taxi.

When we stayed in March we signed up for the 10:00 departure. It was so easy and there were only 6 of us. We were at the pier by 10:30 and waited inside until we could get on board and that was so much fun since we're people watchers.

As for taxi's they have to call for one, why spend the extra when the van is so convenient.

Archived