Tux Rental

Chesie

Hello everyone,

Ok I have been reading the numerous threads on proper attire for formal nights. I really don't want anyone expressing their views on "what is appropiate and what is not" on this thread. Please, there has been more than enough on that, in my opinion.

I am posting this threat to find out about Princess tux rental on board ONLY!! If good feedback, I have decided to go ahead and rent a tux for DH and DS!

How is the quality of the tux? Sizes on the form true to the actual delivered tux? If not, do they have a capability to make alterations? We have 2 formal nights. Would the rental be for both nights? When is the tux delivered? If for 2 nights, is it cleaned or do we keep it in closet.

Thanks to all!

Chesie

Just got back from Emerald with 2 formal nights. Tux was delivered the second night of the cruise and requested ready for pick up the 11th night of a 12 night cruise. I didn't check the brand. It wasn't an Armani but the fit was fine. I was told alterations could be made if required. As we were in a suite I had mine cleaned and pressed between formal nights. Another gentleman not in a suite who rented received a second shirt for the second formal night. IMHO....much easier than packing more clothes.

I have my own tux, and have not rented. I am long and lean, and might be a tough fit.

Bro-in-law, very average height/weight, has rented several times, and has been satisfied with fit and condition.

My DH went to the tux store in town and had them measure him for the correct measurements. There were 2 shirts with the tux. It was in our cabin and was pickup the second to last day. My DH is 6ft 2" and 250 lbs and the tux fitted him well. We plan on doing this again for our Baltic cruise.

My husband and our friend rented a Tux on the Grand Princess. My husband has a tux and a white dinner jacket but because we were doing a Med cruise our luggage space and weight was what prompted us to rent a tux. We took all the measurements before we left and sent it to the website. They actually called and confirmed everything the next day. My husbands tux fit fine. He's 6'5" and overweight! It was delivered before we sailed by our cabin steward. Our friend got his and it DID NOT FIT. It was no problem whatesoever, he was brought another one and they made sure it fit fine. Our cabin steward took the tux back after our last formal night.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

Fisherwoman ;)

I figured with overweight luggage and the cost of pressing it when we got on board it paid for itself by renting. There was no hassle at all and I wouldn't hesitate to do it on a cruise where my luggage was restricted.

Fisherwoman

Princess uses Cruiseline Formals my dh rented from them last year on our Royal Caribbean Cruise and he got the package with the white dinner jacket and the black jacket with a pair of pants and two shirts the cost was $120.00 plus $3.00 (for any repairs, snags etc.) was well worth the money he is planning on rental again for our upcoming cruise in March.

Christine

Princess uses Cruiseline Formals my dh rented from them last year on our Royal Caribbean Cruise and he got the package with the white dinner jacket and the black jacket with a pair of pants and two shirts the cost was $120.00 plus $3.00 (for any repairs, snags etc.) was well worth the money he is planning on rental again for our upcoming cruise in March.

Christine

That is insane when you cruise 4-5 times a year. :eek:

We rented DH one on our last cruise. The Tux fit great, he went to Men's Warehouse and was measured and used those measurements for the rental. It was in the room when we arrived, and was picked up the day before we left the ship.

It was very convienent, we would use them again

Thanks!! Looks like DH & DS will be going for measurements this week.

Colo Cruise Yes, if you cruise several times a year it would be very expensive. Buying and bringing one would be the most cost effective solution there. However, for us, we cruise once a year if that:( so the rental is our best option this year.

Another question, on the website it says to call or fax the order in. Which is the better? Fax and call to be sure they received it. Call and then call back to be sure they have is correct?

Also, the website for a basic tux is $85.00. Is that still the case?

Thank you

Chesie

You can go to cruiselineformal.com and go to order go down to princess cruises and submit online we did that last year very easy. When you rent the tux it's for the whole cruise whether it's a 7 night or 14 night.

Yes if you cruise 4 0r 5 times a year than purchasing your tux would be better. But we cruised last year and we are booked for next year who knows when we will cruise again after next year so renting is perfect for my dh.

Christine

You can go to cruiselineformal.com and go to order go down to princess cruises and submit online we did that last year very easy. When you rent the tux it's for the whole cruise whether it's a 7 night or 14 night.

Yes if you cruise 4 0r 5 times a year than purchasing your tux would be better. But we cruised last year and we are booked for next year who knows when we will cruise again after next year so renting is perfect for my dh.

Christine

Thanks Christine!

I thought I had to go directly through Princess. Does this show up on the Princess Personalizer?

Nancy

Thanks!! Looks like DH & DS will be going for measurements this week.

Colo Cruise Yes, if you cruise several times a year it would be very expensive. Buying and bringing one would be the most cost effective solution there. However, for us, we cruise once a year if that:( so the rental is our best option this year.

Another question, on the website it says to call or fax the order in. Which is the better? Fax and call to be sure they received it. Call and then call back to be sure they have is correct?

Also, the website for a basic tux is $85.00. Is that still the case?

Thank you

Chesie

I faxed the order in and received an email confirmation the next day. For our 12 night cruise it was $85.

I faxed the order in and received an email confirmation the next day. For our 12 night cruise it was $85.

That is a good price, has anyone used the tux rental for a back to back? Do you just keep the same tux or do they replace it, or just dry clean it? Any special deal?

Hello everyone,

Ok I have been reading the numerous threads on proper attire for formal nights. I really don't want anyone expressing their views on "what is appropiate and what is not" on this thread. Please, there has been more than enough on that, in my opinion.

I am posting this threat to find out about Princess tux rental on board ONLY!! If good feedback, I have decided to go ahead and rent a tux for DH and DS!

How is the quality of the tux? Sizes on the form true to the actual delivered tux? If not, do they have a capability to make alterations? We have 2 formal nights. Would the rental be for both nights? When is the tux delivered? If for 2 nights, is it cleaned or do we keep it in closet.

Lots of gentlemen rent tuxes thru Princess with great success. The tux is either in your closet when you board or shortly thereafter. It is picked up from your closet the afternoon before you disembark. It should come with 2 formal shirts for the 2 evenings. I would recommend that it be tried on right a way to be sure of fit and if there is any problem they will fix it. Because I am a big person, size 52 and have a 19' neck I prefer to bring mine along and if it is a longer cruise and has 3 formal nights then I send one of my shirts to the ship's laundry. I figure before the end of our next cruise my tux will have paid for itself over rentals... so if you are thinking that you may do a lot of cruising in the future you may want to consider purchasing.

A big thanks to everyone for your experience that you shared. Appreciate it very much!

I'm going to have the 2 most handsome men with me! This is one time I won't mind having my picture taken by the cruiseline for a keepsake.

Doing my happy dance right now:D

Yes you can rent a tux while onboard.

Contact the Passenger Services Desk

Telephone number 6000

(or check the phone directory in your cabin for the exact number)

They will be more than happy to rent you a tux.

Archived