Dune Buggy Excursions turns out to be VWs

LakerMom

We just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Holiday. I had an awsome time but just want to know . . . .

We booked the dune buggy excursion about 8 months ago. When we met the guide he told us that the dune buggies were being inspected and that we would be using VW Bugs. We said ok but were all a little disappointed.

My son was talking to his friend that did this same excursion one year ago and he said they were told the same thing. . . . the buggies were ALL in for inspection and they were giving the VW Bugs as well.

Has this happened to anyone else. . . makes me wonder if they only have VW Bugs and try to draw you in by saying Dune Buggies.

Same thing happened to us when we were there on July 22nd on the Inspiration. We were also told the same thing. We were disappointed but we ended up having a good time anyway. We booked our excursion through Island Marketing and there was no mention in any of the emails about a substitute vehicle. Did you book independantly or through Carnival? I wasn't sure if that made a difference or not. As we drove around the island we saw lots of dune buggies parked at several different locations. One of the people in our group said he heard later that they save the dune buggies for "tourist season." Not sure if there is any truth to that or just rumor.

Same thing happened to us when we were there on July 22nd on the Inspiration. We were also told the same thing. We were disappointed but we ended up having a good time anyway. We booked our excursion through Island Marketing and there was no mention in any of the emails about a substitute vehicle. Did you book independantly or through Carnival? I wasn't sure if that made a difference or not. As we drove around the island we saw lots of dune buggies parked at several different locations. One of the people in our group said he heard later that they save the dune buggies for "tourist season." Not sure if there is any truth to that or just rumor.

We booked through Island Marketing. I did not see any dune buggies driving around but my husband said a few lots down he did see a line of dune buggies. Nothing was ever mentioned to us about the switch before the date. The guide told us once we were at our meeting place. Of course they have you then because you really would not have time to change your mind and find a new excursion. We did have a good time but I was a little disappointed. The night before we left we received an email from them telling us our meeting point had changed. At that time they should have included in the email that we were riding in bugs instead of dune buggies. I guess this is a common thing for them to do!

Archived