"LIVE" from Carnival Victory / Aug 3, 2008

Radio

Thank you Radio for posting frequently. I enjoy the pics. I'll be on the Victory Sept. 27. Your reports help increase the excitement I have for this cruise. It is nice see and hear reports of what I have to look forward to.

I'm glad to know about the ruebans and the sushi.

I have never experienced outdoor movies on a cruise. Thank you for the great pic. Will they provide blankets and is there a charge for the lounge chairs?

Radio can you tell me if they have a sushi bar and a deli on the Victory. I never hear people talk about this on this ship. We are going on the first sailing out of San Juan. One of our favorite things is Sushi before dinner. I also want to try the Reuben sandwich at the deli. I hear they are DELICIOUS and I can not tell if there is a sandwich deli on the Victory. People never mention it in their reviews. Thank you for your live review. I am loving it.

Yes, there is a Sushai Bar (Yangtze Wok) Starboard side, deck 9, and a Deli (East River Deli) Port Side, deck 9. . .

I ate lunch at the sushi bar today, and it was great !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello everyone. . . Today turned out to be a little gray, a little overcast, and a little cool (64f)

It seemed this morning that there would be sunny skies, but as we headed north, the clouds rolled in.

I sat in on the Port, and Shopping talk. . .and also at the shore excursion Travel Talk. I am glad that I did. . . The CD informed us of what and where the excursions are, and I had a better chance to decide what to do. Those who have been to Saint John already know !

I picked 2 tours to go on, and they were already booked. They have me on a waiting list, and will call me if someone backs out.

So unless I get a call from the shore Excursion Desk. . I will walk around the town of Saint George, and maybe a local tour operator will offer some tours. . .

We were told that the Gangway for tomorrow would be on Deck 2 AND Deck 3 ?

What ?

Why would we use 2 Gangways ? We were told by the CD that the tide can raise up to 30 ft. . .

Wow! That should be interesting to see.

The Afternoon Tea was today in the Ionian Lounge (Deck 4) today and was very relaxing. There was a quartet playing, and the passengers seemed at ease . . . . I missed the Afternoon Tea, that they used to have with RCI.

I was surprised to see that there are network feeds, on this ship. ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC have full programming on board. There are also 2 Movie Channels (free) I will post the programming guide later in the week.

Here are a few pics from today. . .

I will try to get back later tonight. . . Tonight is Lobster Night !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Cloudy Skies, and there are still tons of passengers out on deck. . .

L36.jpg

The Big Slide has been busy today !

L37.jpg

The sun is trying to peek out. . .

L35.jpg

Carnival Victory (AFT)

L38.jpg

A “Name that Tune” Contest was in the Atrium this afternoon

L33.jpg

Our position at 2PM

L41.jpg

Thanks Radio,

We will be on the Victory Sep 20. The pics are getting ready to go. Question for you. Was the Statue of Liberty on the port or starboard side as you sailed out?

Thanks again, have a great time

Thanks for the live report - I especially loved the pictures of sailaway - it took me back to my own sailaway when I was on the miracle.

We are going to be on the Victory in February, so I am very much enjoying your live review. :) Thanks for posting it!

Thanks Radio,

We will be on the Victory Sep 20. The pics are getting ready to go. Question for you. Was the Statue of Liberty on the port or starboard side as you sailed out?

Thanks again, have a great time

Manhattan on the portside, and Liberty and Ellis Island on the starboard side as we left. . .

Radio

Hello everyone. . . We are still sailing at 16knts, and are 140nm away from Saint John, NB.

The sky really cleared up, and the sunset was beautiful. It has been a little cold tonight (52f) with a strong wind (20knts)

We stopped along the way at about 5PM, for an emergency "Man Overboard" Drill. . . The crew tossed a Life preserver out, and they had to train the crew on emergency procedures. . .

The production Show tonight was a "must see". Livin' in America was Great !

The dancers were very good and the music was great. . . I highly recommend it.

This will be a short report. . . I have to get some shut eye.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Man Overboard Drill

L45.jpg

Seaside Theatre

L49.jpg

Caribbean Theatre

L44.jpg

Almost Sunset. . .

L51.jpg

Our Position at 10PM

L54.jpg

Great pics, Radio!

L31.jpg

Is that taken from your balcony? I didn't realize some of them stuck out so much you could see right into other people's balconies...

Okay, I'm still confused regarding the Internet usage. You said the Victory has WIFI, but you mentioned that you were going to have to get an Internet plan. Is that because you'll be out to see? If you have time, will you please list the prices?

Purchasing either the pay-as-you go plan or package deal allows you to access the net via the PCs in the cafe, or via wi-fi, using either a rented laptop, or your own wi-fi capable laptop/PDA/blackberry etc:

The "Bow2Stern" network allows our guests to enjoy Internet access from literally anywhere on board, including all public areas, lounges, bars and pool decks, guest suites and cabins. To take full advantage of this feature, guests should bring their personal laptops along with them, as the number of laptops available for rent onboard is limited. In addition, this network provides supports the latest Wi-Fi enabled iPhones, PalmPilots and Blackberrys.

Internet Café Price List

We have several options available to guests wishing to use the internet service. the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options* are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop.

• An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

• A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute ("Pay-As-You-Go") is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted Time Plans

Discounted Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation. Please note that there is no refund for unused minutes on these Time Plans and upgrading selected pricing options is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises less than six days in length:

• 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

• 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises six days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

• 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

L38.jpg

Maybe I'm just dense, but I cannot for the life of me understand how you got that pic. Where was the camera? It looks like it's taken from too far out for you to have just stuck the camera out...

:confused:

Maybe I'm just dense, but I cannot for the life of me understand how you got that pic. Where was the camera? It looks like it's taken from too far out for you to have just stuck the camera out...

:confused:

I was wondering the same thing! It's a neat shot, though. Looking forward to more....:cool:

I was wondering the same thing! It's a neat shot, though. Looking forward to more....:cool:

The camera is turned upside down. so instead of the top of the camera body facing out it's facing in towards the person taking the photo.

Hello everyone ! Good Morning. . .We have a arrived at our first port; the beautiful port of Saint John, NB.

The weather is sunny, and mild (71f).

We arrived in the harbor and picked up the Pilot at 7AM. We were tied up to the dock by 7:45AM.

I will be going to the Maritime Museum for a couple of hours, and then explore this lovely city. The Canadian officials will clear the ship by 830AM, and all passengers will be able to debark via Gangway Deck 2 and 3 Midship.

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . . I will post more pics this afternoon. We have to be back on board by 330PM.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Approaching Saint John

W4.jpg

Entering the Harbor

W112.jpg

We can see the passenger terminal. . .

W6.jpg

I would like to get a photo of the Ship from up there. . .

W5.jpg

The Beautiful City of Saint John, NB

W15.jpg

We are getting tied up and ready to Debark soon. . .

W8.jpg

Radio,

Love your posts - I'll be getting on just as you're getting off! I'm taking the Boss (wife) and kids on the Victory for the 8/9/08 cruise. Where are you getting those great cruise ship location maps? I've looked on the Internet, and I've only found sites that have dots on them, not the ones with the green line and arrow that you have. Keep up the great work!

The camera is turned upside down. so instead of the top of the camera body facing out it's facing in towards the person taking the photo.

Yeah, I got that -- it just seems like it's taken from farther out than it could possibly be. Must be just an optical illlusion. I'm going to try to copy that shot when I'm onboard. :)

Thanks so much for the "play by play"....I love all the pics as I'm sailing on Sept. 20... A couple questions......1. Do they have a movie at the Seaside Theather often? 2. What were the shore excursions in St. John that you wanted but were booked? Thanks, Julie

Radio,

Love your posts - I'll be getting on just as you're getting off! I'm taking the Boss (wife) and kids on the Victory for the 8/9/08 cruise. Where are you getting those great cruise ship location maps? I've looked on the Internet, and I've only found sites that have dots on them, not the ones with the green line and arrow that you have. Keep up the great work!

I think he uses his own Garmin GPS for that

Radio,

That is a GPS program I use called Street Atlas. I use it with my GPS connected to my laptop. (Garmin GPSmap76CSx).

Radio

Radio:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Question for you....

You visited the City Market Place...right? I was wondering if you had bought anything and if you brought it on the ship. It is one thing that is bugging me because I want to get local foods and bring them back if I can have you heard or seen anyone bring food back on the ship?

Thanks in Advance!:cool:

Archived