Hotels in Barbados....

Polar Bear

Post your question under the ports of call section for Barbados. There's a CC member who lives in Barbados and knows everything and anything about that stunning island. He's a great source for info!

Good luck!

Post your question under the ports of call section for Barbados. ===> You're there already?

There's a CC member who lives in Barbados and knows everything and anything about that stunning island. :eek:

He's a great source for info!

Geez...I sure hope you're not referring to me :eek:

I try to help where I can, but I'm not The Oracle of Delphi, okay?

and the very reason I saw this enquiry but chose not to respond

was because it's beyond my knowledge base.

I'd suggest Google-ing something like this.

What you learn that way is probably far more reliable and up-to-date

than what yew'd git frum a local yokel like mahself...:)

aaand passing the buck,here...

Hopefully the above reference was intended for 'Barbados' :confused:

Need help finding a hotel in Barbados that has a shuttle service from airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport...that does not cost "an arm an a leg"???~!!!

They’re not referring to me, Mr. aplmac, I’m just a semi-resident-dumb-tourist guy but let me see if I can get more info……..

You must define “an arm and a leg”. Comparing North America hotel prices with Barbados hotel prices is apples to oranges.

When are you going to need the room?

How long are you going to need the room?

Please be advised that most upscale establishments on the West coast (with shuttle) are generally filled up already for the high season 2008-2009. And many through shoulder season, too.

Nice west coast and western GAP hotels in the high season are generally in the US$500-900 per night (Almond/Turtle/Hilton).

South and East coast establishments are generally US$250-400/night. Not many with shuttle except from GA to the hotel. Probably have to cab to the pier.

You’ll find small ma & pas from US$125-250 but few, if any, have shuttle service.

I’d be inclined to choose the hotel that offers the best value and exclude the shuttle requirement and just cab-it.

Let us know.

Need help finding a hotel in Barbados that has a shuttle service from airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport...that does not cost "an arm an a leg"???~!!!

They’re not referring to me, Mr. aplmac, I’m just a semi-resident-dumb-tourist guy but let me see if I can get more info……..

You must define “an arm and a leg”. Comparing North America hotel prices with Barbados hotel prices is apples to oranges.

When are you going to need the room?

How long are you going to need the room?

Please be advised that most upscale establishments on the West coast (with shuttle) are generally filled up already for the high season 2008-2009. And many through shoulder season, too.

Nice west coast and western GAP hotels in the high season are generally in the US$500-900 per night (Almond/Turtle/Hilton).

South and East coast establishments are generally US$250-400/night. Not many with shuttle except from GA to the hotel. Probably have to cab to the pier.

You’ll find small ma & pas from US$125-250 but few, if any, have shuttle service.

I’d be inclined to choose the hotel that offers the best value and exclude the shuttle requirement and just cab-it.

Let us know.

Thank you barbados & aplmac.....I was able to find one place for them with shuttle pick up at airport......for $238/ night... They are traveling at peak time .....March 7,2009......on the Sea Princess...they looked at hotels with Princess booking them .....but as my friend stated he did not want to pay "an arm an a Leg" for a room for one night...Princess has a rate of $500:eek: . I have suggested that they use a cabbie.....Now they would like to know the cost of cabbies in Beautiful Barbados(just happens to be my fav stop...one day DH and I are going to stay for more than one day:D ) Thank you again....CC's have aways been of great help.....:D

I'm actually not aware of any hotels in Barbados that provide a airport to hotel shuttle or a shuttle to cruise terminal service similar to what you find in the US or elsewhere (except maybe Sandy Lane, or Royal Pavillion). Most if not all would/could have a taxi or van service pre-arranged done for you on arrival and departure. 238.00usd may be a good rate if that's what they are providing.. meaning .. taxi to hotel.. hotel stay.. taxi to the port.. if you are on the south cost you could be looking at maybe 15-20.00usd to the hotel, and then maybe the same or slightly less to the port.

it's fine to use the cruise lines to book the hotel, but most rates are inflated.. although they do provide a meet and greet service at the airport, make sure you get to the hotel, make sure you leave the hotel and then get to the port. and if for some reason something happens with your flights or baggage (knock on wood) the cruise line (local agent) also assists with these problems as well.

Archived