Has Anyone Been to Sayulita, North of PV?

afcj1

so peso is the only money used?

no dollars?

hows the ride up there? nice things to see along the way??

I meet an american girl here in nor cal her name is sayulita she was born on the beach there........I must see this place for myself.

For buses you need peso's. The ride/drive is quite nice you go through a mountainess area. It's a good road, well maintained but a fair amt of traffic as it's one of the main routes. There is a lot of surfing done there and they even have semi large surfing competitions held there.

Here is a pic of the beach

BIRDS_02.jpg.2e207f21c86d681e550cc59334980e53.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We were there in April, 08 and it was $2 per person one way and they did take dollars. We left from the Walmart across the street from where the ships dock. I would make sure you had one dollars bills with you so they don't have to make change. Enjoy

Hi,

We were there in April, 08 and it was $2 per person one way and they did take dollars. We left from the Walmart across the street from where the ships dock. I would make sure you had one dollars bills with you so they don't have to make change. Enjoy

Since you made the bus trip recently, how was your experience? Did you take that bus back too? I'm getting very excited to be going to such a nice sounding and enjoyable place.

Any suggestions for what to do in town? It sounds like since it's off the beaten path, there might be local shops, which I love. Does anyone have any suggestions on where or where not:eek: to eat? Ceviche?

Thanks everyone. Only 5 more weeks:)

Since you made the bus trip recently, how was your experience? Did you take that bus back too? I'm getting very excited to be going to such a nice sounding and enjoyable place.

Any suggestions for what to do in town? It sounds like since it's off the beaten path, there might be local shops, which I love. Does anyone have any suggestions on where or where not:eek: to eat? Ceviche?

Thanks everyone. Only 5 more weeks:)

This is a very small town, you can walk the shops in 1/2 hour. There is a very good restaurant there called Don Pedros' it's not cheap but it's very good and great pizza. There are a lot of restaurants on the beach, look for a busy one.

Here is a website for you to have a look at.

http://www.sayulitalife.com/

This is a very small town, you can walk the shops in 1/2 hour. There is a very good restaurant there called Don Pedros' it's not cheap but it's very good and great pizza. There are a lot of restaurants on the beach, look for a busy one.

Here is a website for you to have a look at.

http://www.sayulitalife.com/

As usual, you've come through! Thanks for the website, it's great. Lot's of fun to look at.

I too was at Sayulita this past March. The bus ride is about 45-hour depending on road traffic. I can't for the life of me find the pictures taken of Sayulita, but it is a trip worth taking! It is a very small town with lots of shopping which makes a great end to the day. Thefood and drinks are great. IMO, check out the menus before you find a chair.

If you like a menu, rent a chair and umbrella from that restaurant and the servers will take your order right from your lounging position. The surfing lessons were awesome! I would highly reccomend it regardless of how old you are. The beach there is one of the best in PV. A lot of beach reconstruction happened a few years back due to the hurricane that hit. Sayulita's beach you can feel in your toes and recognize it has been un touched. Its a soft mixture of a clay and sand.

I was just looking at a previous post, and someone mentioned they didn't have to rent. I don't know if they got lucky, but we had to. It was 5 dollars for the entire day which is not a big deal.

Enjoy your time in PV =)

I too was at Sayulita this past March. The bus ride is about 45-hour depending on road traffic. I can't for the life of me find the pictures taken of Sayulita, but it is a trip worth taking! It is a very small town with lots of shopping which makes a great end to the day. Thefood and drinks are great. IMO, check out the menus before you find a chair.

If you like a menu, rent a chair and umbrella from that restaurant and the servers will take your order right from your lounging position. The surfing lessons were awesome! I would highly reccomend it regardless of how old you are. The beach there is one of the best in PV. A lot of beach reconstruction happened a few years back due to the hurricane that hit. Sayulita's beach you can feel in your toes and recognize it has been un touched. Its a soft mixture of a clay and sand.

I was just looking at a previous post, and someone mentioned they didn't have to rent. I don't know if they got lucky, but we had to. It was 5 dollars for the entire day which is not a big deal.

Enjoy your time in PV =)

Thank you so very much for more info. I can hardly contain myself reading these Sayulita posts. I'M SO PSYCHED!!! Our ship docks early, so if I can get the lazy teenager up and going, I'd like to try and be there by 11:00, the latest, which should give us plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.

Thanks again and again and again, to all.:)

Thank you so very much for more info. I can hardly contain myself reading these Sayulita posts. I'M SO PSYCHED!!! Our ship docks early, so if I can get the lazy teenager up and going, I'd like to try and be there by 11:00, the latest, which should give us plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.

Thanks again and again and again, to all.:)

Haha good!! It is a fantastic place to relax and be for the day. Although by 2 years I can no-longer call my self a teenager, Just let him know there are lots of good looking women there... Should cure the sleepy eyes

Haha good!! It is a fantastic place to relax and be for the day. Although by 2 years I can no-longer call my self a teenager, Just let him know there are lots of good looking women there... Should cure the sleepy eyes

Trust me, the sleepy eyes aren't the worst of it...it's the lazy butt:D He said that he want's to hang out at the beach the whole time, so hopefully it won't be that hard to pry him out of bed.

Archived