Where is BG?

SMRivera198

We booked a balcony guarantee on the Crown for January and while we don't have a specific cabin number yet, it says on our paperwork that we are in category BG, is this good? What does this mean? Sorry for the silly questions, I'm a newbie at all of this :o

~Sara

thanks for the reply, is BG a decent location and good size room? Also, what else is located on Baja deck? I found a deck plan for baja from the princess website and it just shows a large open area directly in front of the BG rooms, is this a public area or pool?

thanks for the reply, is BG a decent location and good size room? Also, what else is located on Baja deck? I found a deck plan for baja from the princess website and it just shows a large open area directly in front of the BG rooms, is this a public area or pool?

The cabin is the same size as all the other balcony cabins, and as you will have noted on the deck plan for the Baja deck, there is nothing else on that deck except cabins...the "open" area is an off-limits area to passengers.

Of course I haven't been on Crown Princess yet- that's 2 months away, but when we were on Ocean Princess that area was sort of a n open observation deck- no chairs etc, but an open space where you could watch the ship sail into port.

There are very few BG cabins. Typically, the cabins that Princess "reserves" for GTY bookings are in the least desirable locations. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that you will have to walk further to elevators and stairs and might feel more movement while sailing. Otherwise they will be identical to most of the cabins in that particular configuration.

If you look at published brochure fares, you will only see non-discounted rates for those particular cabins. Since there are only a few, most who book GTY end up in a slightly higher category cabin of the same configuration. You might get a BF located right next door to the BG cabins, but it looks like an upgrade. Sometimes you'll luck out and get a cabin in a more convenient location and maybe, even get bumped to the next level. It's a crap shoot. We've had cabins all over the ship and honestly, we can't tell one cabin of a particular configuration from another once we're settled in. They are very standardized. Balcony sizes can vary, if that's important to you.

That open area includes things like officers' and staff cabins, and some work areas and a meeting room.

Of course I haven't been on Crown Princess yet- that's 2 months away, but when we were on Ocean Princess that area was sort of a n open observation deck- no chairs etc, but an open space where you could watch the ship sail into port.

Ocean Princess...how many years ago was that?

thanks for the reply, is BG a decent location and good size room?

If this is your first cruise, you might not realize that a balcony stateroom and below is more or less just a bedroom area with bathroom. No such thing IMHO of a 'good sized balcony stateroom'.

There will be a bed, a dressing table/desk, closet and storage area, and one upholstered chair in the stateroom. As well as a closet and small bath with small shower only, no tub.

For those that spend little time in their stateroom, they are perfect. But again, the cabins are small.

For a larger room which I would consider 'good sized' you would have to move up to the mini suite and above category.

As said earlier, the staterooms in each category are all pretty much the same size, just in a different location. The more desired the location, the higher the price.

Should have said one is dead and the rest are Stayin' Alive :D

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha............

(Glad someone thought it was funny. I spent all morning chuckling over my wit. Sad, isn't it........).

In Britain, we like the little beardy one.

Do you yanks actually know they're British? We find that acutely embarrassing..................

Of course, Saturday Night Fever in Britain is a night at the Bridge Club...........

Loves from Scotland.....

Hic

xxx

Archived