how formal on three night cruise

My daughter and I going on the Majesty of the Seas three night cruise this Friday and I'm wondering what people wear on the formal night. Last summer my husband and I were on a seven night to Alaska and the formal nights were truly formal.

Thanks for your help!

My daughter and I going on the Majesty of the Seas three night cruise this Friday and I'm wondering what people wear on the formal night. Last summer my husband and I were on a seven night to Alaska and the formal nights were truly formal.

Thanks for your help!

We have noticed less formal admosphere and dress on the 3 and 4 night cruises.

There will certainly be lots of people following the suggested attire for formal night. But instead of being at about 80-90%, it is more like 50% (on the cruises we were on).

The other 50% was probably 3/4th's short evening dress along with evening slacks and sparkly tops for the females and nice slacks with nice shirt (sometimes with tie) for the men. The rest were more what I would call casual dress.

Others may have had differing experiences on their particular sailings but this was our experience.:)

My girlfriend and I did the Majesty 3 night back in March, and we were surprised to see that the majority of the ship participated on formal night.

I only say "surprised" because I had read on these boards that the formal night dining room turn out on the shorter itinerary was not as grand as the longer itineraries.

Thanks for your help!

We just did a 4 niter in April and we ( the guys ) wore Dockers and a dress shirt and tie. The ladys wore cocktail dresses. On 7 night cruises we wear the suit's and nice dresses. Some people will say formal is formal and you should dress up, I am 50 /50 on that to be honest. Some dont dress up at all and that I think is wrong...IMO

The 3 night cruises are the least formal of all cruises. Most people don't dress to the nines for these quickie cruises.

we just got off on Aug 1st for a 4 night cruise, some really dressed some in cocktail dresses and most in just nice slacks and tops. I did the slacks and top. I didn't feel out of place at all.

we just got off on Aug 1st for a 4 night cruise, some really dressed some in cocktail dresses and most in just nice slacks and tops. I did the slacks and top. I didn't feel out of place at all.

I think you did fine with slacks and top. Imagine what would have happened if you'd gone without?:p

The 3 night cruises are the least formal of all cruises. Most people don't dress to the nines for these quickie cruises.

I disagree........we go on the 3 nighters alot.....and surprisingly so,quite a few get dressed up to the nines......

Thanks so much for all the responses. I think we'll take nice dresses but not go the long dress route I did for the Alaska cruise. It sounds like if we look nice and dressier than "normal" we'll be okay.

Michelle

I've never done a three-night before (this is our first) - I'm guessing there is just one formal night, correct? What are the other two? Is one semi-formal and the other casual? Help!

Basically casual..........not shorts but nice clothes...dockers,nice shirt(long sleved or polo type) for men.......nice pants,capris,sundress for women...

Oh yea,some wear nice jeans............but thats too hot for me..

Thanks so much for all the responses. I think we'll take nice dresses but not go the long dress route I did for the Alaska cruise. It sounds like if we look nice and dressier than "normal" we'll be okay.

Michelle

You'll be fine............for formal night on the short cruises,I usually wear dress black pants and a glittery top.......my husband wears a shirt ,tie, suit jacket,,,,,,

Of course, its all optional.:p

We just returned from a B2B on Majesty. Lots of suits and nice dresses and gowns on the three day and a few tuxes. On the four day leg it seemed to be more formal with several more tuxes and gowns. I'll have to say that it was a really good looking bunch of cruisers on both legs :D

Archived