Which airlines do not charge for baggage?

hatchetjack5

Yep, I recently booked a flight on SW. No charge for luggage.:)

Ditto. Gotta love those $69 fares!!!!

You see kids, when an airline hedges it's bet on fuel, they can do things like that.

Jetblue does not charge for the 1st bag.

Nope, no charge for the first bag.

Now the first pillow and blanket...........:rolleyes:

Yep, I recently booked a flight on SW. No charge for luggage.:)

Just flew home on Southwest. 2 carry ons per person, and 2 checked bags per person up to 50 pounds each. An additional bag was $15 or $25, I can't remember. I was REALLY tired when we flew home, lol.

You might also want to check out the services that ship your bags for you. I know they are mentioned somewhere on these boards. Anyone have a link?

Along the same line, look at FedEx or UPS. If you're staying in a hotel the night before, just let them know you will be getting a delivery and they should hold it for you.

I love SW fares, no charge for second bags and fuel hedging. No wonder their the only airline making money, now and will in the future. Will be able to buy/negotiate fuel at a discount in the future from all the money its making now. The other ailrines won't/don't have the money required to negotiate the fuel prices, so they'll still be losing money years from now.

You might also want to check out the services that ship your bags for you. I know they are mentioned somewhere on these boards. Anyone have a link?

Along the same line, look at FedEx or UPS. If you're staying in a hotel the night before, just let them know you will be getting a delivery and they should hold it for you.

Have you checked the prices to FedEx or UPS a package lately? I just shipped an 11 pound package 5 to 7 days and it cost me around $27. If I wanted 3 day ground it was $53. I didn't want to know the over night charge. I could not imagine what they would want for a 40 to 50 pound suitcase:eek: but I am betting you would be better off just paying the airline.

SW. Fly out of Louisville. Get on SW web site and put your name in for the alerts of best deals. I can usually fly from Louisville to Ft. Meyers or Tampa for $69 each way. If you live closer to Nashville it's even a bit cheaper.

SW. Fly out of Louisville. Get on SW web site and put your name in for the alerts of best deals. I can usually fly from Louisville to Ft. Meyers or Tampa for $69 each way. If you live closer to Nashville it's even a bit cheaper.

do you ever fly in the winter months? I just checked your routing for dates I need and it's $204 one way.:(

Bill

do you ever fly in the winter months? I just checked your routing for dates I need and it's $204 one way.:(

Bill

All those cheap fares are long gone. With SW you really have to buy as soon as dates are released. Or if you get a DING!

DONT FLY SPIRIT FREAKIN RIP OFF not only can you not take a free bag checked on the plane but you have to pay for freaking seat assignments!

no wonder my flight was only 199 roundtrip from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale BUTTTTTT now the bags are freaking 15 for 1st bag each way and 25 for second and the seats were 30 bucks for 2 tickets so all in all I will be paying 520 for the flights---but the original price of the tickets were 300 a piece so I am still ahead of the initial game.......these airlines are really tripping now!

Archived