"French Doors instead of a picture window"

terri910

I had a 5A on the Pride two years ago. They did open, but I heard that they do not open anymore. I did like the 5A because I could see out and we were upgraded from a 4A to a 5A.

My in-laws have been assigned their cabin on the Spirit, and it is a large 5A Handicapped-accessible room with french doors and a railing....I was just wondering if they would be able to open them and listen to the sound of the ocean!

My in-laws have been assigned their cabin on the Spirit, and it is a large 5A Handicapped-accessible room with french doors and a railing....I was just wondering if they would be able to open them and listen to the sound of the ocean!

They do open, so you can get some fresh air. My TA, told me about them once, when we were talking about different cabins.

My husband and I had one of those french door cabins on the Miracle. We paid for an inside cabin so this was a good upgrade. The doors open but there is a railing there too. You could sleep with the fresh ocean breeze. It was a great cabin and I would take it again. Too bad it is not available on alot of the ships.

not all doors open. and a few of those 5As have windows instead of the doors.

Staterooms 4202, 4203, 4205 and 4207 do not have French Doors, but have partially obstructed picture windows.

the handicapped 5A are 4202 and 4207-- so you see, those cabins donot have french doors.

For those lucky to have a door--if they open-- you cant go outside. most of the view will be a lifeboat

We have stayed in 4194 (a 5a that is described as partially obstructed) on the Pride and the Legend.

Here is a picture I found on the Internet before we booked the cabin.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344241901070127580KmeWOQ

When you open the doors...there is no balcony...just a Plexiglass divider to block any exit.

We love this cabin BTW!!!

not all doors open. and a few of those 5As have windows instead of the doors.

Staterooms 4202, 4203, 4205 and 4207 do not have French Doors, but have partially obstructed picture windows.

the handicapped 5A are 4202 and 4207-- so you see, those cabins donot have french doors.

For those lucky to have a door--if they open-- you cant go outside. most of the view will be a lifeboat

I just double-checked, and Carnival's website on the deck plan page for the Spirit confirms, as you've said here, that their cabin will not have French Doors, but partially obstructed picture windows.

They were informed by their Carnival rep that their cabin (which is neither 4202 nor 4207) is a "larger, handicapped-accessible cabin." Since MIL is handicapped, I hope they've been given good info, in that regard.

We have stayed in 4194 (a 5a that is described as partially obstructed) on the Pride and the Legend.

Here is a picture I found on the Internet before we booked the cabin.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344241901070127580KmeWOQ

When you open the doors...there is no balcony...just a Plexiglass divider to block any exit.

We love this cabin BTW!!!

I think they feel lucky to have this cabin. They were on a wait-list to get ANY cabin on this cruise, for a while.

I hope it is handicap-accessible; it could be difficult for my MIL to negotiate the metal sill that goes across the "regular" showers. I want her to be as comfortable as possible, which will allow my FIL to enjoy the cruise more, too!

They live in Texas, and we live in California, so we don't get to see each other often; it will be nice to have this cruise together!

Archived