Hotels suggestions for pre-cruise in New Orleans

Sally Forth

The Drury was booked for the night we need. Seems most of the hotels are booked. Must be something going on. We are having a hard time finding a hotel close for November 9. Looks like we may have to stay out and drive.

Any suggestions for hotels when the French Quarter and Downtown area are booked?

No, it wasn't. I will check it out.

I have another question. Where exactly is the cruise terminal? I am trying to figure out how big a deal it would be to stay at a hotel that doesn't offer cruise shuttle service and just pay for cabs instead.

Viv

Any hotel in the warehouse district or convention area. There are several different Marriott brands and Hiltons... Too many hotels here to be sold out...

Check out hotels on Poydras or Canal St. If you stay on Canal, stay close to the river. We have many bed and breakfast places on St. Charles avenue/Garden District.

Also, Metairie, which is a suburb, granted it is probably more populated than NO. It is about 8 miles from cruise port, hop on I 10 and you can be there in about 10 minutes.

I would not stay on the "westbank" which is across the Miss River from the city.

Archived