Hotel Ft Lauderdale

cruisein321

Anyone have any ideas for a reasonably priced hotel close to the cruise port in Ft Lauderdale. I travel a great deal and am finding the rates for hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area to be over priced. looking at the end of February. Does Princess offer any pre cruise Hotel deals anymore ?

Anyone have any ideas for a reasonably priced hotel close to the cruise port in Ft Lauderdale. I travel a great deal and am finding the rates for hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area to be over priced. looking at the end of February. Does Princess offer any pre cruise Hotel deals anymore ?

I know what you mean by the ridiculous prices for hotels in Ft Lauderdale!!We are sailing in February 2009 and through lots of searching and investigation on the hotel ended up booking a room with Sleep Inn, Ft Lauderdale Int'l Airport 1500 SE 5th Ave. Their rate was 188.99 for 2 adults. The only place I could find under 200.00 that was reviewed as being an ok place to stay.

Good luck!

We normally do the same, but last cruise we decided to rent a car and get a room from Hotwire that's somewhere in the area, but not right at the port. In April, when rooms were outrageous, we flew into Fort Laud airport, picked up our car that only cost us $40 a day, and then drove about 20 minutes to the Westin, Fort Lauderdale. It was a wonderful hotel, and very close to many restaurants, a liquor store and also a target so we could pick up all our last minute items. The next morning, when we went to return the car, the man at budget took us straight to the pier in it, and we were there in no time! It was the most stress free morning of a cruise we ever had! In the past, we always made sure to get a hotel with a shuttle, but then ended up waiting with everyone else the next morning to get to the pier.

If I can remember, the hotel was only $99 a night, and it was a 4 star. The car was also from Hotwire.

All the best to you!!

It's the market. Period. I'm in the frequent travel group also and it really depends on the popularity of the area and the number of beds available.

The demand for FLL hotels space is great so they can demand a higher price. As far as "bargains" your best bet may be to stick with one brand of hotel when you travel for work and use the frequent guest points for you leisure travel.

Bidding for hotels is another option. I've only done it one time and got burnt so haven't done it any more. OTOH, I do get enough points that we usually stay for free both pre and post cruise.

Charlie

My last two cruises I have used betterbidding.com to help me find hotel rooms (at least two rooms each trip) on priceline.com. I was extremely happy with the rooms I won and the price I paid. thereyouare, the administrator on the board is extremely helpful.

I've always had a lot of luck with Expedia and Travelocity, just need to keep checiking on a routine basis...I booked at the Hyatt near the Princess terminal last make for $119 a nite, but february might be another story. The Hyatt resort is very nice and only 5 min from the Princess terminal. Cab ride was $6

ftlhp.jpg

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort & Spa

2301 S.E. 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Tel: +1 954 525 6666

Fax: +1 954 728 3541

I'm have a booking at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for March 7th for 3 nights and the rate was $379.00 per night in the Garden/Marina View. The tower rooms are $439.00 per night. Did not relize that the end of February in to March was spring break for Colleges.

Christine

I have just booked the Hyatt Place FL Airport N for $125 (internet or AAA special). It's a newly remodeled Amerisuites, offers free shuttle from airport and to the pier. Free cont. breakfast and has grocery store, shops and restaurants within walking distance. I spent 3 days at this computer trying to decide where the best deal was! I'm done! lol

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Hotels

We are also traveling in February and I spent a few months on these boards trying to find the best fit for us. I looked at Hyatt 66, Embassy Suites, Grande Hotel, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn and La Quinta. I figured we were going to have to accept paying between $200-$300 for a nice hotel. (I have no interest in priceline). We finally settled on the Marriott Renaissance on 17th Street. They have a Romance Package offered for $269 that includes a full breakfast, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. This a refundable reservation, so I will hold on to this unless something better comes along. Keep browsing these boards and you will get a great description of the local hotels in FLL. Good Luck!

I booked a room at the South Beach Marriott for the night before our cruise and got a rate of $194 including breakfast with a special they are offering. There is construction going on next door so hopefully we won't end up being bothered by that. But the hotel is right on the beach, has a 4 mil. $$ pool renovation with two infinity pools and a large hot tub. There is a lot to do in walking distance where it is right near the Art Deco district. Yep, we'll pay more for either Go Shuttle or taxi to and from airport and to cruise ship but will enjoy the nice location.

Archived