sound insulation between staterooms

bermic

As I love peace and quiet when I go to bed at night, I was wondering if the insulation between staterooms on the Quest is any good.I have booked a stateroom on 7 deck and although there should not be any problems of noise from the deck below or the deck above because there are staterooms there,my biggest dread is noisy guests on either side of me.Any thoughts would be welcome,as sound levels seem to vary from ship to ship.

Try not to book a connecting room. We did, and there were problems with the sound insulation around the door. The noise was so bad that we were finally moved to another room. (This happened on Oceania - same ship layout.) I'm sure that not all the connecting rooms have a problem, but if you have a choice, don't take a connecting room.

When we've had rooms with no connecting door, we've never had a problem with sound from next door.

Hi!

I'm sensitive to noise from adjoining rooms as well and I found Quest to be quite well insulated with no problems. We heard no noise from televisions, showers, talking, etc.

I could hear conversations from directly adjoining balconies when I was using the balcony, but I don't think that can ever be avoided.

You will love the ship!

murphysmum;)

Hi Bermic !

We didnt have any noise issues on Quest. I am sure you will be fine. I agree with Tgg, that I would avoid a connecting room if possible. The good news is, there arent many of them on Quest and Journey.

Archived