Classic S. Caribbean - Starboard or Port side?

manlie

I am wanting to book a mini suite for the Classic Southern Caribbean (San Juan, Barbados, St.Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas) and was wondering if any one can answer which side would

1.) receive the most sun

2.) be on the side of the docks and offer the best views of the ports.

I know that sometimes this can't be answered because they pull in depending on weather and other ships, but other times always on a certain side.

Thanks!

I am wanting to book a mini suite for the Classic Southern Caribbean (San Juan, Barbados, St.Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas) and was wondering if any one can answer which side would

1.) receive the most sun

2.) be on the side of the docks and offer the best views of the ports.

I know that sometimes this can't be answered because they pull in depending on weather and other ships, but other times always on a certain side.

Thanks!

it can change, certainly going outward the sun was on the left side and coming back the right, but pulling into the docks depends on which ship gets there first and they sometimes change about, i was mostly on side where they docked , which was right hand side of the ship.

cat

I think I would give a slight edge to Starboard on this itinerary. But, you're going to go South and then you're going to go North -- and you're going to have morning sun on one side and afternoon sun on the other. So, unless you can arrange for Port Out/Starboard Home (with a cabin switch at mid-day each day) it's a bit of a toss-up. :)

At Crown Bay, I think the "better" view is to Starboard, with the opposite at Havensight. In Antigua, not sure there's a "better" view. Barbados might be a toss-up, because I'm not sure they always align to the pier in the same way. St. Lucia is gorgeous everywhere you look. You know what? You are not going to go wrong, this is a fantastic itinerary. :)

Archived