Portunus Club (sp?) - Am I still a member?

Bruce62

I am looking to go on my first P&O cruise since Oceana in 2004, and then Ocean Village in 2005.

I know that I was enrolled into the Portunus Club in 2004, and that the OV cruise also gave me points, but I am not sure if my membership is still active...Any ideas on how I would find this out?

Thanks,

Bruce

I am looking to go on my first P&O cruise since Oceana in 2004, and then Ocean Village in 2005.

I know that I was enrolled into the Portunus Club in 2004, and that the OV cruise also gave me points, but I am not sure if my membership is still active...Any ideas on how I would find this out?

Thanks,

Bruce

HI Bruce

I think you'll find that if you've not cruise with P & O in the last 3 years, then your Portunus membership will now be inactive..

Some friends of ours booked a cruise recently and quoted their Portunus numbers, and p & O said that although they are still members, as they hadn't cruised in the last 3 years, they weren't entitled to any of the Portunus extras....so they didn't get the OBC nor the 5% off purchases onboard..

KAren

Thanks,

Bruce

HI Bruce

I think you'll find that if you've not cruise with P & O in the last 3 years, then your Portunus membership will now be inactive..

Some friends of ours booked a cruise recently and quoted their Portunus numbers, and p & O said that although they are still members, as they hadn't cruised in the last 3 years, they weren't entitled to any of the Portunus extras....so they didn't get the OBC nor the 5% off purchases onboard..

KAren

Thanks for the replies, I will get on to P&O and see what the score is.

I do remember that OV gave you 50% of the points you would have got from P&O. However, this was 3-4 years ago so things may have changed!

Thanks for the replies, I will get on to P&O and see what the score is.

I do remember that OV gave you 50% of the points you would have got from P&O. However, this was 3-4 years ago so things may have changed!

Can any one tell me if this is the case. OV do not actually give any special club membership.discounts that we are aware of?

Once you have cruised with P & O you become a member of the Portunus Club. After that date, for any cruises take with Ocean Village or Princess you will receive 5 Portunus club points per night, cruises on P & O are worth 10pts per night. Not sure if the 3 year rule still applies as P & O have recently amended the Portunus Club Terms and Conditions, check the Portunus Club section of the companies web site

I'm going on Ventura in october, and when I booked it last year it was within 3 years of when I'd last cruised so got the OBC.

By the time we cruise though it will be over the 3 years, so I wonder if we'll get a 5% discount on our spends?

Anyone know?

Cheers Mossie

Archived