On-line Documents - When

If you're talking about the SetSail pass, then you need take your reservation number and check in online their website. Enter all the requested information and at the end you will be able to print it out.

60 days from date of final payment is just about the day I leave on my vacation. I asked for electronic documents (I think the poster above did too), thinking they'd be quicker than mailed documents....true? Untrue? Will a phone call help?

I already have our Set Sail passes printed out, I guess I have the cart before the horse! ;)

PS To clarify, I booked through the RCI website, and under my cruise reservation there is an option to select how you receive your cruise documents, either electronically (you print out) or by mail.

Um, I got paper documents for my '06 cruise on Explorer - and it was a nice little book and all - very nicely done - but I never ever needed it. Looking it over there was nothing in it that I didn't already know from the website - and I couldn't figure out why I needed it. I took it with us anyway, and never used or needed it. I did the online check-in, printed my set sail pass, and that was all I needed.

I did use the luggage tags in the back, but didn't have enough, porters put them on at the dock. I hear you can do that with all your luggage now as most people get e-docs and don't have luggage tags to attach.

When do the on-line documents appear on the RCL website. How many days before the cruise.....

Many of the cruise lines have moved to E-docs, much like the airlines have.

You simply go to http://www.rccl.com or http://www.royalcaribbean.com

Look for the blue boxes across the top, select "before you board" then "online check-in" ( you will need your reservation number, ship and sail date). Once you have completed the information, you will print you Set Sail Pass and take it with you along with the proper identification to the port. If you have any further questions.....don't hesitate to contact your travel agent for assistance.

All that you need is your Set Sail Pass, a current passport, and your baggage!! The porters at the pier will take your cabin number and print it on your baggage tags.

Someone above mentioned how to find the area on the RCCL website to click to where you fill out your documentation to be able to print out a Set Sail Pass.

Rick

The only document you will need for your cruise is your setsail pass. You can print that yourself; the cruiseline will send you baggage tags with your cabin #; but that is not as important as your setsail pass.

:cool:

I just received on-line edocs this week for my Liberty cruise in 5 weeks. It looks like the only thing you many need from the documents is the page where you sign for the credit card that will be used to pay your sea pass card. There is also an example of a luggage tag that you will need the information from to fill out your tags at the pier. You will need to know more than your room number. I actually made enlarged color copies of mine, laminated them, and then punched a hole in them so I would not have to deal with filling out tags at the pier.

If you selected e then anytime from 30 days out to two weeks out. They do them in batches. I made final and am 49 days out right now for Hawaii. I do not expected them until 30 days out.

Thank you for answering the original question. I already have my setsail pass printed but was curious as to when the e docs would be available. We are 40 days out so I expect them in about 2 weeks. - I agree with cruiselover15 in that I will print the edocs luggage info and attach them to our luggage so I don't have to bother with tags at the dock..

Thanks all for the responses

Archived