Vancouver Hotel

shabal57

Vancouver has lots of good hotels but recommendations would hinge somewhat on your budget. During cruise season paln to spend north of $150 for a decent hotel, you may do a little better on Priceline. There is the Pan Pacific and Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel at Canada Place, Marriott has two hotels across the street from each other just east of Canada Place on Hastings St. The Hyatt Renency it on Burrard about 5 block south of CP and then there is the Blue Horizon and the Pacific Palisades on Robson St. The list is almost endless but all of the above are good hotels with the Pan Pacific and the Waterfront being the most expensive.

Do check out priceline for hotels. If you are the nervous type get a resevation for a hotel you are will to stay at. Then about 4 to 6 weeks before your stay start bidding on priceline hotels. I have been very happy with the 4* hotels offered by priceline.

My first recomendation would be the Wedgewood. Next would be the Pan Pacific, Farmont Hotel Vancouver, Farmont Waterfront and the Four Seasons.

The Wedgewood is a smaller hotel, centrally located, that was voted the best hotel in Canada a few years back. Vancouver has some great hotels and it would be hard to go wrong.

This June we did an over night in Vancouver before our cruise. We were at the Ramada Vancouver Airport in Richmond. This hotel was nice. The room was redone and the place was clean. Behind the hotel was a beautiful park. People were walking in it all day. Two blocks a way was a nice shopping mall. There also was a pub across the street were we ate dinner. They will pick you from the airport and bring you to the hotel for free. They also have van service to the cruise port for $13 pp. The room cost up $103 USD. I would stay there again. If you want to sight see in Vancouver this is not the hotel for you. but if you want a nice room and just want to rest before you cruise I would choose it. They also gave us a free breakfast.

1-888-383-8393 or 604-207-9000

Matia

Thanks for all of your input. Has anyone stayed at the Metropolitan Vancouver? I was able to book a room for a pretty good price and the hotel looks beautiful. It's located on Howe Street which seems to be a good location. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Shari

Thanks for all of your input. Has anyone stayed at the Metropolitan Vancouver? I was able to book a room for a pretty good price and the hotel looks beautiful. It's located on Howe Street which seems to be a good location. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Shari

It's a beautiful hotel in a great location, in the heart of downtown Vancouver, walking distance to lots of great places, or easy to hop on a bus. Have eaten dinner at Diva at the Met (divine!); haven't stayed at the hotel but it's got a good rep.

Thanks for all of your input. Has anyone stayed at the Metropolitan Vancouver? I was able to book a room for a pretty good price and the hotel looks beautiful. It's located on Howe Street which seems to be a good location. Any comments are welcome./quote]

It is a great hotel in a super location convenient to everything, restaurants, shopping and sites; you will love it. The reason it doesn't often get mentioned on these boards is that for the same dollar people can stay at hotels like the Pan Pacific and Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel where they have views of the harbour and the North Shore mountains and they are convenient to Canada Place.

Archived