Rome Hotel - Pre cruise

hermang

We are looking at 2 nights pre-cruise November 2009 before our TA in Rome.

Probably going to let our TA do a Pre Cruise Package with Celebrity as we are going to be with another couple and transfers would be included. More expensive yes - but less hassle.

Here is the question:

Right now they are showing the Empire Palace and the Cicerone hotel for 2009.

In 2008 they also had the Crowne Plaza.

Anyone stay at the Empire Palace or Cicerone and would you care to comment. Trip advisor was all over the place on reviews

Last year my DH and I and two other couples stayed at the Hotel Golden in Rome. I found it on Tripadvisor and it was outstanding. It's a small hotel located near Via Veneto. The family who operate it arranged transportation for us from the airport and to the cruise port the next day. They couldn't have been nicer. And the room charge was extremely reasonable. Don't know if they would have availability at this point, but I would definitely suggest you check it out.

Sheila

Last year my DH and I and two other couples stayed at the Hotel Golden in Rome. I found it on Tripadvisor and it was outstanding. It's a small hotel located near Via Veneto. The family who operate it arranged transportation for us from the airport and to the cruise port the next day. They couldn't have been nicer. And the room charge was extremely reasonable. Don't know if they would have availability at this point, but I would definitely suggest you check it out.

Sheila

If we were going to book on our own - I would try to get the Massimo D'Azelio

- we stayed there in 1988 and the place is still there - right near the RR station. BUT with another couple - I am not sure the logistics of booking our own transfers are going to be worth it. I see where they are charging about 35-40 Euros for Airport to Hotel - not sure if it is PP or for the 4 of us. And with luggage for a 14 night + 2 days in Rome I just have a bad feeling about that. Then there is transport to the port - I have heard thats around 100 Euros or more - again not sure if tht is PP. Personally I'd stay at a second class pension as long as its clean - but since we have people that have never been to Rome - well my friend's wife did 40 yrs ago - I want to make this a memorable trip. Thanks for the info though - we still have time to make up our mind. Also thinking of booking with limoinrome for some excursions.

Archived