Spa Pass

antmilant

I was just on the Spirit on 8/23 - 8/31 and the Spirit has no "spa pass" so to speak because there is only the Spa for massages, facials, etc. and the gym ...and there is an area called "aquaswim" that have two small lap pool areas (picture a "swimmer's lane" in a regular pool.. you can use the area, one at a time, for 30 minute intervals (presumably to swim laps) but nothing else...no try spa area as on the Dawn...

Does anyone know if the Sun offers the spa pass? It sounds wonderful.

Nope. Took the Sun to Alaska this summer and was very disappointed to find out they did not have a thermal suite as that would have been lovely. There is a small locker room with a sauna and steam room. No coed facilities. I don't remember even finding an adult only hot tub, but I tend to avoid most community hot tubs, so I didn't look too hard.

I've been trying to find out how the spa pass works on longer cruises, but haven't received any replies. Called NCL and was told the cruiseline doesn't offer spa passes :rolleyes:. Even tried e-mailing the spa company, but no reply.

Anyway, has anyone purchased a spa pass on the longer cruises? How much does a 12-day spa pass cost? Or can you buy a $75 7-day pass and just pick 7 days among the 12 to use it? That would be ideal! I've seen the spa menu posted, but it only lists a 7-day pass.

I've been trying to find out how the spa pass works on longer cruises, but haven't received any replies. Called NCL and was told the cruiseline doesn't offer spa passes :rolleyes:. Even tried e-mailing the spa company, but no reply.

Anyway, has anyone purchased a spa pass on the longer cruises? How much does a 12-day spa pass cost? Or can you buy a $75 7-day pass and just pick 7 days among the 12 to use it? That would be ideal! I've seen the spa menu posted, but it only lists a 7-day pass.

We cruised the Jewel in May, on a 12 day cruise. I was not quoted a discount for purchasing for the whole time - the passes were $20/day, or $20x12 for the whole cruise. :-(

However, the spa people were great, and if you pick the right times/days, it is definitely worth the $20! On the Jewel, it was nearly always empty. Once, I bought it in the evening, and they agreed to give it to me for 24 hours instead of the "day". That was fantastic!

Definitely my favorite part of the cruise...

We had a pass on the Star and loved every minute of it.

The spa closed at 8pm on sea days and 10pm on port days. The Star had a nice indoor, adults only, lap pool, but I don't think the Pearl has a pool.

Does the Star Spa have all the other stuffed mentioned...Thanks.

The hot tub you sit upright..in the thassalotherapy pool, you lay down in. The one on the Dawn has rods in it, so it is as if you are laying down on a ribbed lawn chair...and you're completely covered up to your neck...and there is a button to push to make it like a jetted bathtub.

Best I can do at explaining. I loved the thassalotherapy pool, while my husband prefers the hot tub. Both are large enough for several people at one time.

Archived