Salmon Bakes?

barbpatter

You should give it a try. Most of the salmon is grilled not baked. Give it a try much better flavor than the dried out baked stuff. I do a lot of things my wife likes and I don't. And I act like I am enjoying it as well. Kind of like going and seeing that wretched movie Momma Mia. It would have been much better with Ambien and a couple of good pillows. Instead I clapped and laughed when I saw my wife doing the same thing. Grilled salmon is awesome....

Perhaps, you might want to try a restaurant which will have more options?? I highly recommend Thane Ore House for their salmon and Twisted Fish. But the Gold Creek Salmon bake does do a good job, I believe ribs are the alternative there???

My hubby likes salmon, but I do not. Is there anything else that is served at the salmon bake other than salmon? I bet he would like to go to one but wouldnt say so since he knows I do not eat it.

My husband is THE MOST picky eater I know and he liked the salmon very much..Usually they offer grilled chicken for the people who do not care for salmon....He had both the salmon and the chicken..:)

Kelly

Hi

The Gold Creek Salmon Bake incuded in the Best of Juneau tour from Golden Princess had ribs and chicken, baked beans, cole slaw, corn bread, blueberry cake. It was all you want to eat and was pretty good. lemonade, coffee and tea.

It depends on which Salmon Bake you choose. As others have reported, the Gold Creek Salmon Bake has alternatives to salmon. I've been there twice and enjoyed it both times.

The Orca Point Lodge only has salmon, which was tasty, but the rest of the meal was mediocre. Other people seemed delighted with it, though.

I don't know if they serve anything else but I wanted to share that a couple at our dinner table on the Infinity went on that excursion and were not overly impressed. They felt it was a waste of money. Why not buy some salmon for him to take home and go on a different excursion that you both enjoy. Enjoy your first cruise!

In Juneau, we went to the Thane Ore House. They provide free transportation because it is out of town.

They had all you could eat grilled salmon, battered halibut, ribs, salad, baked beans, etc. We went there because none of the other Juneau Salmon Bakes had halibut. About $25 each. Not fancy, but very good. It is indoors. Very good.

In Fairbanks, we went to an excellent salmon bake located in the fairgrounds. Forgot the name. Similar offerings.

My hubby likes salmon, but I do not. Is there anything else that is served at the salmon bake other than salmon? I bet he would like to go to one but wouldnt say so since he knows I do not eat it.

I have never liked any salmon but smoked salmon (on bagels with cream cheese). I always thought it was too dry or too something, but I tried it when they grilled it on my ship in Alaska (because it looked so good) and it was sooooo good. You might be surprised.

Archived