Horse Drawn Carriage

We are going on the Granduer NE/Canada cruise on Oct 2, 2008. Are there any horse drawn carriage rides available on any of our stops?

Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John, Halifax or Boston? My mother has always wanted to go on one, and it would be a grand surprise for her 80th birthday.

Though not this time around, we have done Horse Drawn Carriage rides in St. John and Halifax. I didn't see any in Portland ... we did the Duck (though not with the cruise line ... it's much cheaper).

We loved St. John NB!

Enjoy!

The ship offers them as an option for both St. Johns, Halifax, and Portland if you can't find them elsewhere. I haven't checked on whether another company offers them. My mom and I are on this cruise as well. We just signed up for the horse drawn carriage ride in Portland and St. Johns last night through the ship. We've done the one in Halifax before. For us the only "complaint" we had with the one in Halifax was the stop at the Public Gardens wasn't long enough. We went back the next year and "rushed" through the gardens after spending two hours there.

Archived