Packing for a toddler

slpinny

Besides diapers and wipes of course, what else should I remember to pack for my cruise with my 16 month old.?

Should I bring snacks onboard (cheerios, puffs, etc) or will I be able to get cereal to snack on at any time?

Thanks in advance!

Don't forget a favorite toy or blanket, and some Tylenol or Motrin for just in case.

If he's not potty trained you could take along a small blow up pool for your balcony or for the Lido deck to fill up and let him play in.

My daughter always gets sick when we travel. Not to get into gross details but for stomach virus issues, I was so glad I had packed LOTS of extra baby wipes, disposable bibs and disposable changing pad covers. DD is long since potty trained but I take these items anywhere I go.

Baby wipes, antibacterial wipes, antibacterial lotion, infant tylenol, sunscrean and some of the thing I bring on vacation. I always keep a change of clothes in my purse.

When DD was littler, I had a little "baby proofing kit" that I always took on trips, lots of those little plastic outlet plugs, twist ties for securing electrical cords and cords from blinds up and out of her reach and also some of those foam things you put on doors so kids can't smash their fingers in doors. Oh and I still take a power strip, started bringing that when DD was small to keep all our power cords out of her reach but it is so handy to have I still bring it along whenever we travel.

disposable diaper bags-scented, were very helpful for us. And the room attendant appreciated it too. We did take some of her food/snacks b/c DD was very picky when she was 13 mos. Plus her white grape juice(she can't have regular juice (apple, oj, punch)) If you use a sippy cup I would take 1 or 2, a couple of little spoons, and a little bowl with a lid. I took a little dish soap and just washed them out in our bathroom. I also took lysol spray (travel size) to disinfect the stuff that she was likely to put her mouth on.

Oh, disposable place mats were great too....think disposable on everything so you can just throw it out and not cart it back home....

Yours is a little young for this, but for anyone checking this thread for ideas - I bring a plastic step stool for my toddlers so they can reach the potty and sink themselves in the cabin (also helps mommy store stuff on the top shelves of the closet easier). It doesn't take much room in our suitcase because items can be stuffed inside it. Light-weight ones are cheap at Target or IKEA.

Best,

Mia

Hat for the days in port or on the beach with lots of sun screen. Extra light-weight blankets for the stroller. You know how they can sweat in the heat. DVD player if they will sit and watch for a bit. Some laundry det. to wash out things. Bug spray, I use regular scent Skin-So-Soft oil by Avon mixed with water in a sprayer, works great and no harmful chems.

• Stuffed animals and small toys... having the room steward line up the toys in the crib made my daughter feel at home!
  • Snacks - my daughter is a chip/cheetos fanatic. Small bags were great while in port.
  • Sippy Cups
  • DVD Player - or what I did was put Kid Shows on my IPod. Worked great for quiet times and Airport waiting.
  • Books - for naptime, etc.
  • and yes, Meds. Our daughter got an ear infection .. thank god for Advil the first night, then we stopped at a store in Cozumel and got amoxicillan!

Catrin

At that age, my kids always wanted a book before bedtime. So, when traveling, I would throw a few books in a suitcase. It kind of helped keep the bedtime routine from home.

Also a nightlight may be a good idea. Especially if you are in an inside room.

How about water wings for any beach excursions?

And we don't go anywhere without mini bottles of water for our kids! (There is something very intriguing to them about that small size water bottle! :D )

We take our own lifejackets and beach toys - a small bucket. shovel and sand trucks. They loved playing in the sand with the toys. Also, the DVD player is worth it's weight in gold. It keeps them occupied on the plane and it nice for a little down time.

Have fun,

Jen

I bring ziplock baggies in a few different sizes - good for disposing of dirty diapers, snacks, food from the buffet to be used later for a snack, wet bathing suits, anything really.

Also sippy cups or some sort of cup with a lid so you can take milk and juice from the buffet (keep it cold in your ice bucket). I also bring some of my own snacks - perfect for excursions or jaunts around town in the stroller.

Books, puzzles, 1 or 2 favorite toys, a few water toys (measuring cups work well for my son), and sheets/blankets from home,

My son took his first cruise last year when he was 13 months and now we're going again 1 year later. There's so much to see and do, they love it!

I have taken cruises when all my boys were toddlers and am taking my 2yr old (who will be 3 when we go) in Feb so I know you will have a great time with your little one they are so cute and love to see new things. A few things that we did that was not already mentioned was:

1st I packed a supply bag that consisted of all my stuff we needed for the trip and I carried it on with me so it would not get lost. 2nd we packed diapers and wipes in all of our bags so in case a bag got lost we still had some. And this was the most important of all: Before we left home I packed about a dozen or so zip lock bags that each consisted of: a disposible bib a disposible spoon a couple of wet wipes a juice box and a snack so when it was time for dinner I grab a ziplock and was on my way and everything could be thrown away and when we went on the islands same thing I would grap a bag or 2 and was on my way. If you email me I have a packing list that someone on here posted a while back that has all kinds of tips and lists it is a lifesaver for me if you do a search you might find it or I could email it to you. apriln@csweb.net

Hope this helps oh and don't forget sunscreen and a blanket from home.

APRIL:rolleyes:

Archived