Just got an e-mail from Meyer Ship Yards Re: Solstice

RCCLCARIB

ahhhhh!!!

im soooo excited (even though this means staying up late)!!!

im goining on b2b cruises on her on Dec.21 and 28!!

my parents know that im staying up late to watch it... my mom was contemplating whether or not she should stay up, but she decided not to.

what we need is some popcorn!!

how crazy are we? i just got a fit of the giggles, can't believe i'm doing this! too funny!:D :D :D

Hi Smoke Fan !

I know what you mean. I have Solstice on the brain. I think I need help :)

Coreopsis,

The picture didn't load for me at first so I was getting extremely worried...thinking my webcam connection froze!:rolleyes: :D

Sorry, that was cruel . . . I considered photoshopping it into the meyerwerft shot - but thought that would be way too cruel.

Yay for Olympics!

I think you're right - if you look a couple of photos down where there is still work going on, the doors look closed. Also, it looks like there might be water when you compare what can be seen between the two photos.

Please post these photos. The only pictures that I can find on the shipbuilder's website that show the Solstice in the water are when there was only 1/2 of a superstructure.

Where are you finding these photos??? :confused:

Les

Wish they were showing her back out of the slip. That was what I thought we would be seeing first then a cut to the current view.

I agree. They could have easily set up multiple cams. Celebrity could have done the same too. Oh well.... guess we should be happy with what they give us !

"worried...thinking my webcam connection froze"

Keep an eye on the 'Done' portion and see if it pops up with 'Downloading'. Which means the webcam is updating.

From the Google Earth site, my bet is the Solstice should come from the left side of the webcam pic into the harbor and dock near the moving crane. Just a guess. The Google Map shows the covered dock area to the East (left) of what we are looking at.

Denny

Archived