We loved Costa Maya!!!

say912

Hola! I just wanted to give you all a rewiew of our day in Costa Maya. We were on the October 10th Rhapsody. As we pulled up to the pier, my boyfirend remarked that it looked an awfull lot like Jurrassic Park... the pier looked new and cruise ship passenger friendly, but everything else for miles and miles was solid jungle! The pier area was nice, but I wouldn't reccomend the beach. It was just a little too touristy for us. We decided to take a taxi to Majahual Beach, you have to purchase a ticket ($3/person) towards the back of the pier. The ride was only about 5 minutes. On the ride we wondered if we had made a huge mistake... the sand road was pretty rough, we saw police carring automatic wepons, and it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. But once the taxi dropped us off right at the beach, everything was much better. It was about 8:30am and we had the entire area to ourselves. The water was gourgeous and the sand was nice! We decided to walk down the road and found an awsome bar with swings instead of stools! There is nothing like drinking a Dos XX ($2 a bottle!) on a swing sitting in the middle of paradise! After swimming in the gourgeous water, I decided to get a massage. It was only $20/30min. What a deal! It was wonderful. We stayed at the beach all day. Let me know if you have any questions...

Sounds like heaven! (We did UVERO Beach a few years ago)

Can you name any of the bars that you hit? Are there many? Is the area really spread out, or all pretty close together?

How about food?

(My idea of heaven is laying on the beach drinking beer!):p

Thanks for any more feedback.

I don't think that any of the bars had names... just bars on the beach. There are quite a few on the beach... just keep on walkin from where the taxi's drop you off. Everything is pretty close together, you can still see the cruise ship in the back, but the the beach seems to go on forever. If we ever go back, we will probably rent a golf cart, now that we know how to get there.

We ate at the first beach/bar at the taxi drop off area. The chips and salsa were excellent, and the food was ok.

From all descriptions, it appears that our day in Costa Maya may be the best day after all!

Say912; was there a rush to get off the boat and hit the taxi lines? I'm fair skinned and wouldnt mind hitting the beach b4 it gets too hot.

$2 beer........hmmmm........my mouth is watering!

I didn't see any parasailing on the beach. You might check at the pier though. They did have kayaking, jet skis and small fishing boats.

We got off the boat at around 8-8:30ish, and there was not a line for the taxis. They were actually a little hard to find, and I think most people just stayed at the pier.

Costa Maya was definitely the best day of the cruise. It felt like you were in the middle of a Corona commercial (except without any coronas). It was heaven!!!

The name of the bar with the swings is PezQuadro. I took a picture of their sign when I was there. We walked from the ship to PezQuadro but we did take a taxi back to the pier because it had gotten pretty hot. We did not spend as much time there as I would have liked. I hope to get back there someday! I hope this helps!

There is a bar that has tree trunks for barstools and it is call El Mexicano and directly across the sand street is Tapas Bar (evidently managed/owned by same people as they share menus and such).

Pez Quadro has the coldest beer! It is ICEY cold and wonderful.

Being fair-skinned as well, I always look around for shade, and there were plenty of areas where you can get out of the sun. I heard that the area often stays misted in/overcast untill late morning this time of year- cannot confirm that, but it was during our visit last week.

We went to the pier area around 9 then back to the ship and back out to the pier to go to Majahual around 11- by then the pier shpping area had become crowded, but no trouble getting a taxi.

It is a blissfully relaxing place. ENJOY!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello we are also going to Costa Maya on the Carnival Miracle, We have a group of 28 people kids and adults.. We are looking for a place to swim and snorkel for all, Majahaul sounds good? What do you think... How much to rent a golf cart and where to get it? Any help would be appreciated... Yvonne

• 2 weeks later...

Archived