Tipping on the QM2

Felice

Guest Anorak33

Another way they could list to save money on cruises is to steal items from the ship and sell them on ebay.

Over the last few weeks I have seen everything from a toast-rack to the blue plastic swizzle sticks and the Cunard boxes of matches but this one takes some beating:

Ebay item number 220270759343

QE2 BAR CARD FOR HOLDING BILLS.

THERE IS A PLACE FOR HOLDING BILLS AND A PLACE FOR HOLDING A PEN.

Oh - and the pen was for sale separately...................

2005904851_billholderqe2.jpg.6fb36a702dfafba9a0a8aec37aba1bab.jpg

I actually have a serious question. Does it matter which currency one tips with? The reason I ask is that being from the UK we have the £ and if we are on a Med cruise we change £'s for euros. Is there any reason why we cannot tip with Pounds or euros? It would save having convert into Dollar and have yet another lot of money to worry about.

I actually have a serious question. Does it matter which currency one tips with? The reason I ask is that being from the UK we have the £ and if we are on a Med cruise we change £'s for euros. Is there any reason why we cannot tip with Pounds or euros? It would save having convert into Dollar and have yet another lot of money to worry about.

No it doesn't (accept if it is some exotic currency such as Russian Rubles). In June I was on the Queen Victoria cruise out of Southampton. At the end of the cruise I had a few hundred British Pounds left in my wallet. So when I gave my tips at the end of the cruise I first used my British pounds and then used US dollars for the rest of the tips. The staff was very happy with both currencies.

Hi,

I started this thread awhile ago and have been stunned by the activity. If I recall, the 2nd post (mine being the 1st) said something to the effect that I was unknowingly opening up a real can of worms! But -- I don't think it ever got to 5 or 6 pages. It might, though...

Felice.:)

Archived