Anyone stay at Holiday Inn on the beach in FLL?

BabySam99

Avoid staying at the Holiday Inn on the Beach! It is very run down and is due for a major renovation. It is reported to be very dirty inside. A better place on the beach would be Radisson Bahia Mar, Marriott Harbor Beach. If these are to expensive try either of the Sheratons, or the Doubletree.

Thanks guys...I appreciate the info...I was just informed that the Holiday Inn is undergoing renovations that will end by first week in November...I have already booked through Priceline at a really good rate...so I think it will be okay for 1 night (I hope!..lol) Thanks again.

Kim :)

DEERINH2O No shuttle...I booked a shuttle through BC Express the link is www.bcsexpress.com I hope it's ok after the renovations. I got it for 50.00 per night through Priceline. It comes up as a 3 star. I think it will be ok for 1 night. Happy sailing! When you get back, let me know how it was please? Thanks.

Kim:)

I just returned from my cruise, stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader, I bit nicer than the Yankee Clipper. I would stay at either of these hotels. Met a few people that stayed in the Radisson on this cruise, they said the hotel was in poor condition.

we stayed 1 night at holiday on Sept 30th in will never go back. Parking is not very safe at night and we Got a room on 3rd floor our wall vibrated with some kind of airconditioner equipment we complannied they did nothing. In the morning at 7:00 someone was working down the hall and dropped a bunch of pipes . We got it on priceline for $60.00, luckly our other 3 nights were at Sheraton Yankee Clipper for $70 a night We told them about horriable night at Holiday Inn they upgraded us to the prefered members floor. had view of ocean and port. They could not of been nicer from the front desk to the housekeepers and maintence man. One night our remote did not work & within 15mins we had a new one then somone called and asked if everything was working and sorry for the problem and could they treat us to breakfast the next morn that was worth $22.00. We will go back again.

BABYSAM9,

I will let you know about the conditions, we plan on going site seeing on the day back from the cruise, we really just plan to sleep there, but will let you know. Its only one night, I think it will be fine.

thanks everyone:p

cruisinfool,

when you say dirty, do you mean really dirty, I can usually handle a bad situation, but I will lose the $60.00 on Priceline if its that bad. I have looked at the website, and even though I know they are not completley accurate, is any of it true???

thanks

The room was clean. Halls which are outside have indoor/outdoor carpet thats very worn and dirty.

Whole complex is very outdated.

I did not have a problem with the cleanliness of the room.

Glad I only had one night. its not worth losing your money

Go ahead you'll be fine.

Thanks Wog...LOL You gettin' excited? You leave soon...I can hardly stand it! :D

Kim

Almost there. We are getting excited. Its getting closer and closer. Now we just have to get through these Holidays and then we are set :D

Trying to get a 3* Downtown and not having any luck right now on Priceline, so I will keep searching. Let us know how you liked the hotel.

You are so lucky it is only a couple weeks away.

I work in have lived and worked in Fort Lauderdale for over 30 years, 90% of the hotels down on the beach are not clean at all. There is a Howard Johnsons down there that is old but was very clean, my neice was here and she wanted to spend a couple nights on the beach so we did tis past april. Another option would be the embassy suites on 17th street cause ay, right by the peir,and you could take the trolley the mile to the Ft Lauderdale strip. I am not sure of the price. There is also the Bahia Cabana, which is probably a 3***, the yankee clipper or yankee trader are nice, holiday inn is old, plus the other hotels are more centrally located on the beach I think. If anyone has any question in regards to things to do, etc , feel free to email me, happy cruising Mary-Ellen mkamezato@aol.com

Almost there. We are getting excited. Its getting closer and closer. Now we just have to get through these Holidays and then we are set :D

Trying to get a 3* Downtown and not having any luck right now on Priceline, so I will keep searching. Let us know how you liked the hotel.

You are so lucky it is only a couple weeks away.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!! :) It will be nice to travel when you are going Wog...after the holidays I get kind of blue so I would be all for a cruise...I will let you know about everything when I get back...:D

Too late Shuttle...bought through Priceline...no going back...lol

I will post a review when I get back...according to Holiday Inn they have been renovating and should have 70 rooms done by the time I get there...I was told I could request the new rooms and they put it on my ressie...see ya'll when I get back!

Archived