Mercury - Sky Suite Question

Sascol

We have a deck 12 sky suite reserved on the Mercury this fall. We've stayed in a sky suite previously (4 years ago) but was curious to know if any upgrades have been made to these cabins recently - flat screen TV's or anything of that nature. Thanks in advance!

We were in one on Deck 12 earlier in the year and there were no upgrades to the facilities, other than the bedding in fact they were looking the oldest of any we have had on ship. That said we had a wonderful time and were very well looked after

A

We were in one on Deck 12 earlier in the year and there were no upgrades to the facilities, other than the bedding in fact they were looking the oldest of any we have had on ship. That said we had a wonderful time and were very well looked after

A

Thanks for the reply. What was looking the old...the ship itself or the cabin?

Late last year we were in a deck 12 SS. We enjoyedthe room (particularly the bed that faces to sea), but we felt the bathroom (and especially the tub area) showed alot of wear and tear. We had a great deal on a 4 day, so it didn't really affect our cruise experience. If I paid premium for a 7 day, however, I'd probably feel differently. I don't think X has any big improvements planned for Mercury, but I could be wrong. The ship herself is just fine, in less than two months we'll be doing our third cruise on Mercury (this time in an OV).

DH and I were on the 7-day Pacific Coast cruise on Mercury in April in a Sky Suite. We had the smallest suite but the biggest balcony we've ever had on any ship. Unfortunately, it was too cool to get much use out of that wonderful balcony. Service was great, but that cabin sure could've used a few more square feet. We prefer a smaller ship, and although the Mercury is not new, she was well maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.

Archived