westerdam questions

We have booked a VF cabin on the Westerdam, is the balcony large enough for two people to eat breakfast out there? I know it isn't as large as the suite's but I hope we can make it work. Also are the wonderful chocolate candies still served in one of the lounges after dinner?

Thanks

We have booked a VF cabin on the Westerdam, is the balcony large enough for two people to eat breakfast out there? I know it isn't as large as the suite's but I hope we can make it work. Also are the wonderful chocolate candies still served in one of the lounges after dinner?

Thanks

1) Not really. The table, such as it is, is only about 12" in diameter. There is enough room for two to sit with this small table in between to hold a drink or two, but that's about it. Also, note that some of the VFs on the Upper Promenade Deck have a solid steel railing which will block most of your view when seated.

2) We looked for them the last time and they weren't there.

I guess its on to plan B for breakfast. This is my first balcony and I am grateful to have it even with a tiny table. Maybe next time we cqn get one of the large aft balconies that I am reading about.

We had a VB cabin on the Upper Verandah deck last summer for our Mediterranean cruise on the Westerdam and ate breakfast most mornings on our verandah. We had Room Service place the tray on the small table and we sat in the chairs. It was one of the highlights of our cruise to be able to enjoy both the scenery and breakfast, just the two of us!

Hello there fellow San Antonian!! We will be on the Westerdam in October for it's 15 night Panama Canal. Asking if you can have breakfast out on your balcony depends on whether you want to eat with your plate on your lap (if that's the case then yes). You can have your coffee and danish out there and then go inside to eat the breakfast on your adjustable sofa table.

You would need a mini-suite or suite to have an actual dining table.

There are plenty of other options for breakfast and at least you'll have a verandah, don't sweat the small stuff :)

for balancing a breakfast tray, but it could be done.

Better just to hold a cup of coffee in one hand and a danish in the other.:p

They did have a wonderful table of chocolates at the exit of the Vista dining room (upper level, at least) following supper a few weeks ago.

We move our coffee table out on the balcony and eat out there almost every morning. It is a highlight for us too! It can be done :D I did love the fact that there was a real dining table on our Celebrity cruise this last July... I wish the other cruise lines would do this... that stupid little table on HAL and RCCL is useless...

Archived