2 tiny questions

dreamsofstars

Going on the NCL Majesty in February 2009...

what is the first thing they do when you board the ship. I hear that you should go to your room and grab your life jacket and head upstairs to be prepared for a fire drill.

What is the fire drill and what do you have to do during one??

also, I keep getting mixed information on this question. Anyone who has been on the NCL majesty...are you allowed to go to the front of the ship you know the part from the Titanic where LEO screams he is on top of the world or Kate says...Im flying jack...Im flying...are we allowed up there???

Thank you for your help...this is my first cruise and I am excited.

there will be an announced lifeboat drill(not a fire drill) that normally(although not always) takes place before sail aways. The rule, established after the Titanic sunk is that it is required within 24 hours of sailing(before is ok)...

They want you to know where your life boat station is(it may be by the lifeboat or inside). they will tell you when to report(it will be announced and all service stops and they sound the emergency alarm)... and tell you when its over. they take attendance. Its good to go just in the very remote likelihood that it is needed.

and 2 the answer is no...

like most liner s ..most of us head up to the buffet..it s a good time to

explore the ship as well..check the dinner menu at main dining and at

any specialty restraunts..

usually, they ll annonce that the cabin are open between 1-2pm..and your

luggage will arrive shortly after if not already there..

an hr befor embarking they ll announce the muster drill..there will be life jackets in your cabin along with direction s to your muster point..you ll get

a short lecture about what to do in an emergency..then its time to relax, your on vacation!!!:D

Going on the NCL Majesty in February 2009...

what is the first thing they do when you board the ship. I hear that you should go to your room and grab your life jacket and head upstairs to be prepared for a fire drill.

What is the fire drill and what do you have to do during one??

also, I keep getting mixed information on this question. Anyone who has been on the NCL majesty...are you allowed to go to the front of the ship you know the part from the Titanic where LEO screams he is on top of the world or Kate says...Im flying jack...Im flying...are we allowed up there???

Thank you for your help...this is my first cruise and I am excited.

The other 2 posters pretty much answered your questions. I'll just touch on the last part they did not get.

They used to allow you on the bow f the Majesty (im talking some years ago) but recently they have changed that rule. The entrance is rather awkward, that may be why.

Hope you enjoy your cruise, Majesty was my first cruise back in 1995 :p

Archived