Feedback regarding Tuscany By Taxi?

We are thinking of using Tuscany by Taxi - has anyone else used this company?

Did the driver speak fluent English?

Were they ontime?

Suggestions or other recommendations?

Thank you for your help

Only one word to descrbe them and that is brilliant. You will see many satisfied customers on this forum if you do a search. English may not be fluent but then again the drivers are Italian, but our driver knew what we were saying and we could understand him. About being on time. It was us that were not in time because we changed the time of our trip and I had still had the old time which was later than the pick up time, but the driver was still at the ship waiting for us.

Could not fault them and I have recommended them to many people.

I would not hesitate to reccomend them. We used them in 06 and have them booked for our Voyager cruise in September. They were very proffesional. Our driver was not fluent but had a working knowledge of english. Communication was not a problem at all for us.

Used Tuscany by Taxi in August 2007 for a family of 6 in an 8 passenger van. Superb service - on time and courteous. While you driver is not a guide, ours pointed out the sights and was quite happy to answer questions.

We also just used them this past June. We had a 6 person minivan. Our driver was very pleasant and understood English. He was on time and made sure we got in the right line for the Accademia to see David (we had prebooked tickets on our own -12 noon). We also prebooked tickets to climb the leaning tower. We did this first thing in the am (9am). It seemed like our driver knew everyone in town. He said he had been a driver for 9 years with this co. I found that they answered all my emails promptly. They cost less, because they were just drivers, but he did give us information on the way. I would definately use them again, especially if you want to see things on your own, but don't want to take a train.

Since our group of 21 only required transportation to Florence and Pisa when we docked in Livorno on July 8, 2008, we had arranged months earlier for TUSCANY BY TAXI to drive us for the day. Their service was excellent. The English-speaking driver-guides (Gabriele, Simon and Alex) of the 3 deluxe minivans that transported our group cleverly bypassed the parking lot full of buses for ship excursions and were waiting for us practically next to the disembarkation gangway. They then deftly maneuvered their vans through the port thereby totally avoiding the traffic exiting from the ship. During the entire 8-hrs of service, the driver-guides were courteous, informative, friendly, and extremely helpful. TUSCANY BY TAXI had also reserved tickets for us at the ACCADEMIE and UFFIZI galleries. The drivers parked directly in front of the museums, walked us directly to the entrances, spoke with the attendants, and proceeded to usher us in before those who were already standing in line. Because the drivers had been monitoring traffic conditions all afternoon, when we left Pisa to return to the ship a little over an hour before sail away, they knew to avoid the freeway and instead take us on a scenic back road. We highly recommend TUSCANY BY TAXI!

We used them this past October and they were wonderful. Picked us up on time and had us back to the ship on time. Our driver spoke very good English. No problem there. Nice new mini van and the best price of all the tour companies we searched. Would not hesitate to use them again.

I had a slightly different experience last year. Our group of 5 had booked them for Pisa, Florence and outlet shopping mall...I had confirmed my reservation by e-mail with them. The day came and off we went. They had no trace of my reservation. The driver phoned his manager who claimed he never got my confirmation. Lesson learned, bring the paper copy of your e-mail with you don't leave it on the ship!

However, it all worked out and we got a discount for our troubles. Fortunately one of our party spoke some italian which made things easier and the lovely bar at the outlet mall was very pleasant!

I do recommend them having said all that - drivers are courteous and there are a bunch of them waiting when you get off the ship. You don't really need to reserve for a standard trip to Florence & Pisa or Lucca type combination.

Archived