Galveston Hotel: Commodore on the Beach

Juligan

Juligan,

You will love this little hotel, it's great but not real fancy. My favorite hotel on seawall. I don't know about leaving your car there while you cruise. If there is one drawback to this hotel it's the parking. I found it a very charming place to stay and the location is fantastic, great view of the gulf!!!

Have you ever checked out Galveston.com? If not, please do so you will find info there about this hotel. One of the Galveston webcams is set up there. Check it out and let me know what you think!

To me, the Commodore is a Galveston Icon and it is near and dear to my heart. It is older but it is still very nice and comfortable and as the previous poster said, the location could not be better on the Seawall. All rooms have an ocean view and the pool is right out front in the middle where you can watch all the action on the Seawall. Restaurants all around you. Not sure about their cruise parking policy, try their website. :) You will love the Commodore.

There are quite a few threads on this under "Gulf Coast Departures". Here is one with some information I found when I searched.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=708059&highlight=commodore

The folks posting on that thread were not too impressed with the hotel sounds like?

I would also pull up trip advisor site and check the reviews there, its pretty impartial.

Juligan,

No, but wish I did because I would be looking at the beach right now. At lunch time all I would have to do is walk across the street, sit down and enjoy. The beach is one of my favorite places and Galveston is farily close [3 hours ] so thats are spot when we can get away. One of my favorite restaurants in Galveston is The Spot. My nickname since childhood is Juliebug.

Julie

Hi! I agree with others that this is my favorite hotel. It is older, but it is charming. We left our car there last November with out any problems. I agree that there is not a lot of parking. I do have to say that my friend is cruising in November, and they told her that they are no longer running a shuttle. You might want to call them and see if that information is indeed correct. We will be staying at the Best Western for our February Cruise, but I would much rather stay at the Commodore. My Mother booked the rooms, and got them for 52.00 a piece so I can't really complain. :)

We're staying there for our cruise in 11 days! I'll let you know how it is as soon as we (sadly) return from our cruise. I'm really looking forward to looking out at the ocean from our balcony on Saturday morning. It'll just set the mood for the next few days of "looking out at the ocean!"

Why, because she gave a positive review? Then Carnival better start sending me some checks...

:confused: no, maybe because she gave several and I was only agreeing with the previous poster and I was only ......kidding..... :)

It's a nice little hotel that has been around for quite awhile. All the rooms have a view of the beach and the hotel is not far from many restaurants and shopping. It's not a fancy place but is clean and has many positive features.

Dave

Archived