All Things Fascination

Quincella

We were on the Fascination for Thanksgiving and had a nice time!

We met G-Man the pool waiter who rolls his r's that I read about here on CC!!

It was our first day and no more than an hour into our trip and I heard this waiter yelling drrrrrinks! I told him that I had heard about him! He was a lot of fun - tell him Mike and Brenda and Scott say hello!!

Not the prettiest of the ships I must admit and the piano bar was not happening at all. We heard the best band that I have ever heard on a ship the Kristen Lee Band!!

We were on the Fascination for Thanksgiving and had a nice time!

We met G-Man the pool waiter who rolls his r's that I read about here on CC!!

It was our first day and no more than an hour into our trip and I heard this waiter yelling drrrrrinks! I told him that I had heard about him! He was a lot of fun - tell him Mike and Brenda and Scott say hello!!

We heard the drrrrrinks things for the first time on HMC, but then it was very apparent that all the waiters back on the ship were also doing it.... drrrrrrinks anyone!!! G-man was the best though...

It seems that G-Man gets around everywhere on the ship. He is very good, and dedicated to serving the pax, and also to his family. He told us a lot about his homeland and family, when he had time.... everyone wanted his attention most times though.

Not the prettiest of the ships I must admit and the piano bar was not happening at all. We heard the best band that I have ever heard on a ship the Kristen Lee Band!!
I agree, something was terribly wrong with the piano bar room. Not the lobby one, but the one with all the piano motiff. We made a point to get there one night and there were only 6 people inclding us, in the whole bar.

The room was great, the layout, the tables, everything was very nice, but something was very wrong. Maybe the player, or maybe the other venues, not sure, but we didn't go back after checking it out for 1 drink...

jw:cool:

the piano bar was not happening at all.

I agree, something was terribly wrong with the piano bar room. Not the lobby one, but the one with all the piano motiff. We made a point to get there one night and there were only 6 people inclding us, in the whole bar.

The room was great, the layout, the tables, everything was very nice, but something was very wrong. Maybe the player, or maybe the other venues, not sure, but we didn't go back after checking it out for 1 drink...

We noticed people using the piano bar room for a designated smoking area - sometimes there were more people in there to smoke when "Mikael" was not there than when he was.:rolleyes: Never saw a crowd in there. Saw more people using the library (which was a nice space). They used the piano bar room for the "Tea Time" which I felt was a strange choice since the room is permeated with the odor of cigarettes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also scanned the capers (our itinerary was at sea; Nassau; HMC; at sea).

http://travel.webshots.com/album/569332312cINzOv

My review can be found here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891443&highlight=

Other than having little to no sun on the two sea days, and the issue with the cabin noise, it was a great cruise. I thought the ship was lovely (much more like Elation than like Fantasy).

And, as I had hoped, it truly felt like we were coming home when we boarded. It certainly is nice to already know your way around and know where everything is located!

If I didn't already have most of my vacation time allocated to Victory & Miracle in 2009, I'd do this cruise again (if the price were right). Perfect mix of sea days and port days, if you want a nice, relaxing cruise.

Thanks for sharing this. Carlene (DW), asked me when you recorded it?:D:eek: I said to her, well you were there, that was your southern drawl talking and screaming as we went under the bridge. :)

That is probably the best video of the ship going under the bridge that I have seen. I must remember to put one of our cameras in the video mode when we go under the Sunshine Skyway bridge in March on the Legend.

SUSHI! I am quite the sushi addict, so when I heard the Fascination had a sushi bar, I was over the moon. What hours is it open? Do tell!! :)

Re the sushi bar hours, you can check the capers (linked above). I think they opened earlier than I remembered (I first switched to late dining simply because the sushi bar didn't open until 5 and I always had 5:45 dinner, which didn't leave enough time in between.

I think they open at 4:30 and close at 8.

Not the best sushi in the world, but not the worst, and if you have late dining, it's a great early-evening snack.

I've been known to get there when they open and then go back just before 8 for one more round. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just wandering what is the best Cat. 11 suite. I don't want an obstructed view and have heard the forward cabins feel more rocking motion. Does anyone have a favorite Cat. 11? Want to book soon and don't know what to choose.

Here is a thread that has all kinds of info (and some pictures) re Fantasy Class Cat 11's -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868&highlight=fantasy

Just wandering what is the best Cat. 11 suite. I don't want an obstructed view and have heard the forward cabins feel more rocking motion. Does anyone have a favorite Cat. 11? Want to book soon and don't know what to choose.

We had V15 and it was great... right in the middle - no obstruction - not right by the bridge... and believe it or not but our neighbors in V17 were friends from CC! We started talking and after a few minutes she said "are you bobfamily" and then I knew she was from CC.

Archived