LaGuardia to RCCL Port Liberty, NJ

There's always JFK Airport as well - from the airport take the AirTrain to the LIRR Jamaica stop. Take LIRR into Penn Station (NYC). The only thing is I'm not sure if NJ Transit stops at the port, that's something to check out. This way however, there's a lot of changing trains.

I don't think NJ Transit stops at the Port, if anyone does it would be the Hudson-Bergen Light rail, but I don't think even that goes all the way to the port. I wouldn't even TRY to get to the port via mass transit if you weren't very familiar with the area. I commuted in and out for NYC for years on the train, and still wouldn't try this one without a lot of time and a decent route map.

The best bet would be a prearranged car service to meet you at the airport and take yous traight to the port. Plan on it costing $100+ tolls, and taking a minimum of 1 1/2 hours, it could be more if there are accidents, about 45 minutes if there's no traffic. If you want the name of a reputable car service, let me know, I can suggest a couple.

Anne

Carmel Car Service has been around forever, they are one of the largest and most well regarded. 1-800-9-CARMEL

Tel Aviv is also very large and has been around forever. 800-222-9888

I wouldn't hesitate to call either of them. Both have contracts with various Fortune 500 companies, that says a lot right there to me.

Anne

Royal Caribbean is supposed to have transfers from Laguardia per my t.a. It's $39. per person each way. I live near LaGuardia and considered car service to the airport and then take their transfer but way to expensive. I'm doing public transportation. I'm on the 5 day cruise and don't plan on packing a lot (leaving the snorkel and fins home this time icon_biggrin.gif). It'll be a hike but I have all day. We're not supposed to be able to board until after 4 pm anyway (the ship doens't get in from the Caribbean until noon).

The Hudson-Bergen Light Railway is the closest public transportation option to the port but it won't take you to the ship. You take it to the 34th Street Station in Bayonne which is right outside the port's entrace. However, it's about 2 miles from there to the ship. Will have to take a taxi and I'm sure there won't be any waiting at the station. I already called a cab service in Bayonne and they said that I should call from the station and they'd send a cab over. So I'm pretty much covered. I would imagine the return to the city will be easier since there should be taxis at the ship. Will be heading to work so I don't have as long a trip after the cruise.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

My TA told me the same thing about the RCL transfers. We generally tend to shy away from them based on expereiences in FL and Puerto Rico. We're not at all familiar with public transportation in NYC and I'm sure if I suggested that to my better half, I would get nowhere with that plan.

Cruise Pup, where did you learn that you can't board the ship until 4 PM? Are you referring to the Nordic(Empress) or another ship?

Archived