Seabourn Pride, September 18...Dover to London transfer

Capote

Can anyone offer specific transfer service from Dover to London on September 18th after Seabourn's Norwegian Fjords & Scottish Isles trip? Seems to be very expensive by private taxi/hired car. Anyone want to share a morning van to London airport? Thanks!

Seabourn won't quote me a price. They say I have to wait til' I get onboard....big help that is. Best price I found is thru private car service for 130 British Pounds (for car, up to 3 people) to Gatwick Airport. Of course, I don't know if the company is reputable (ACX Transfers). Going to Heathrow would cost more. Want to book my flight from London at end of trip, but would like to book a transfer from Dover before I do. I want to book it privately, so I don't have to rely on Seabourn, whose price could be exhorbitant. And I want to get a "feeling" for the time it would take to check out of ship and be driven, so I know what time to book my flight to Amsterdam...1:00 pm flight time out of London give me enough time without a hassle?

Many thanks for your help!

We are doing the transfer in the opposite direction but this info still applies (only in reverse). National express coach from Heathrow airport direct to Victoria station, 50 minute wait, coach to Dover cruise terminal. The cost was around 15 pounds each. Travel time: Leave Heathrow at 9.30 and arrive Dover 13.50. Have a look at their web page http://www.nationalexpress.com and you will find all the info about coaches from Heathrow and Gatwick. Very easy instructions to follow. We are staying a night in Dover so the seabourn transfer did not make sense to us. The coaches leave frequently and they look very comfortable and the price is very reasonable.

I found a nice hotel in Folkestone: "The Relish" , the only 5 star hotel in the area.

Good luck with your travel arrangements. We will take the car over from France, either on the ferry or through the tunnel on the train on the 17th.

Hope to see you on the 18th!

Marja

Archived