hawaii cruise

travelingran

I would like to know this also too. Been there done that tooo many times also. It is not a pleasant experience. :(

But we have never done it in a tourist bus, maybe they are handled differently:confused:

I hope they are handled differently.

If there have ever been tour buses at the border crossing when we've been there, I've never noticed them in the sea of metal and glass that is the giant parking lot known as San Ysidro crossing! *LOL* Maybe I never saw them because they whizzed through too fast! (I hope so)

Heading into Mexico was easy. The bus had its own special lane. We stopped, the driver got off with a document. An official in a suit looked at it. He handed it to a uniformed border guard who stamped it. The suited official handed it to the driver, they shook hands and off we went. No passengers had to show ID, no luggage was inspected, no one else had to get off the bus. Total time was perhaps three minutes.

As we drove into Tijuana the lines of cars headed for the USA stretched for miles. This was about 2:00 pm on a Sunday. I have no idea what the ride back from Ensenada is like and we were glad we weren't going to find out.;)

Oh, heck, heading INTO Mexico doesn't even take 3 minutes for us...we hardly slow down! *LOL*

Heading into Mexico was easy. The bus had its own special lane. We stopped, the driver got off with a document. An official in a suit looked at it. He handed it to a uniformed border guard who stamped it. The suited official handed it to the driver, they shook hands and off we went. No passengers had to show ID, no luggage was inspected, no one else had to get off the bus. Total time was perhaps three minutes.

As we drove into Tijuana the lines of cars headed for the USA stretched for miles. This was about 2:00 pm on a Sunday. I have no idea what the ride back from Ensenada is like and we were glad we weren't going to find out.;)

You are right. You chose the right cruise. Coming back would not have been fun:D Unless like I said they handle the tour buses differently.

I guess we should have mentioned coming back is living hell:eek:

Oh, definitely.

I've read too many really bad reviews of that whole bused-to-Ensenada thing.

I honestly don't know why they don't leave out of San Diego, make a quick stop in Ensenada the next day, just so they have been to a foreign port" and then boogie off to Hawaii.

Celebrity does that. My sister went on it last year and I am looking for something similar, but would rather stay with Carnival. They left from SD, stopped in Ensenada, on to HI. 14-days. I think it is a 15 day now.

Celebrity does that. My sister went on it last year and I am looking for something similar, but would rather stay with Carnival. They left from SD, stopped in Ensenada, on to HI. 14-days. I think it is a 15 day now.

Yeah, I'd rather stay with Carnival, too. Now that we're platinum, it kind of sucks to go on another line and not get the perks...*LOL*

I, too, am looking for a Hawaiian Cruise BUT NOT FOR SEVERAL SEA DAYS. I looked at Carnival and with NCL. After reading reviews and talking with the PVP's at both cruiselines, I have decided we will probably use Carnival. AND checking with my PVP, I was informed that I can get off the boat at the last port (we have been before and wanted to go spend time on the big island). We will naturally still be paying the same price, but it was still higher on NCL. I have dealt with two different people at NCL and they are not real friendly and don't want to answer questions. I specifically asked about an UNOBSTUCTED CABIN and they were trying to push me into an obstructed view that would hold ALL 6 of us. Even after telling them that I was getting at least two rooms. If NCL brought back their special they had a few years ago of "buy two cabins get one free", I would reconsider. However, with the quality of service and NO SEA Days...I can enjoy Hawaii before and/or after at my own pace for a few days.

Archived