Olivia Plaza- Barcelona Hotel- Comments?

Has anyone stayed here? I am panicking!

We need a room for a family of 4 for 5/9/09 and all hotels keep showing no availability! This one has availability but I want to be sure it is nice.

trip Advisor has great revoews, but would appreciate some CC feedback!!

It's very nice. The Olivia is only about three years old, very helpful staff, and in a perfect location. I really don't think you'll make a mistake. We've stayed there twice and may do so again in November.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim!!

I pulled the trigger and booked. I was pleased they had a family suite, and at a very reasonable price. (Our 2 children will be joining us). The price honestly seemed too good to be true!

Trip advisor had glowing reviews, but just wanted to be sure.

Since you have stayed there- can you recomend any restaurants nearby? How far is it from LasRamblas?

Any other tips you may have would be great!! Thanks again!

The Olivia Plaza sits right at the top of Las Ramblas at Plaza Cataluna. There are lots of great places to eat all around the hotel. If I tried to give you a name I'm sure it would be wrong. The hotel would be the place to ask for recommendations. Almost right across the street is the El Corte Ingles department store, Barcelona's version of Macy's, it has a great grocery store in the basement, great for picking up snacks and drinks for the room. Have a great time!

Regards,

Jim

May I please ask where you booked this hotel for 4? When I looked at booking it for my family of 4 it said I exceded the maximum amount of people for the family room? Do you know if there are 2 bedrooms or just a pullout sofa? I have also had trouble finding anywhere to accomodate my family of 4 in Barcelona. I am just now thinking of giving up and booking 2 separate rooms as my kids are 19 and 22. Thanks.

Rosie,

I've never booked a hotel for four in Barcelona. From what I understand is has something to do with the fire code. My partner booked the 'Hotel Continental Palacete' last year for four. His wife communicated with the hotel either by e-mail or phone and they worked it out for them. They were very happy with that hotel. Here a link to their website: http://www.hotelpalacete.com/

Hope this might help!

Regards,

Jim

OK- I kind of cheated.

I booked the Family Suite- which does say a max of 3. However it has a separate living area it states with a pull out sofa...

So.. I booked it, and will sleep my 12 and 2 YO on the couch.

However, I also have the luxury of traveling with my inlaw.. so I stated 2 adults and 1 child in their room.. so in aggregate we are correct.. but I will keep both kids in our room.

So I guess I kind of fudged it to mkae it work for us.

Thanks for the responses. It wouldn't work for us because we are 4 adults (my kids are 22 and 19). I will check out the Continental but I don't think they have accomodations for 4 adults. I'll just keep looking. Thanks again.

Archived