CB - Red Hook Terminal - Brooklyn, NY ?

Jimjam

We will be taking the Princess Bus from Burlington, NJ round trip to the pier. Upon disembarkation and retrieving the luggage, where is the bus located for the return trip? Thanks .........

The busses are right outside the terminal, where they drop you off. the busses are marked, but for the Burlington NJ bus, look for West Hampton, NJ. It threw us for a loop when we were looking for our bus. If you get confused, just ask any of the bus drivers, they are all very helpful. When are you sailing?

Thanks belle626 - Much appreciated.

JandDMom -- We have used the bus to the New York City pier with Holland America and it was great. The cost is $99 per person round trip. If you can get a van service door to door for that price , go for it !! If not, the bus service information can be located on Princess web site or your TA.. Parking is FREE at the Westhampton Academy Bus terminal.. Hope this helps !

Hi guys, where did you get info on this bus? It's only a few miles from my house. But I have 6 people going so I am not sure if the bus would be better or a private car.

Thanks for your help!

This is the Princess news release from when the program was first implemented.....

News Article

9/7/2006

Princess Introduces New Transportation Option to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Northeast Area Passengers Can Leave Their Cars at Home and Travel To and From Their Ship in Comfort with New Motorcoach Routes

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (September 7, 2006) - Travelers from the Northeast sailing aboard Princess ships from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal next summer will enjoy a convenient new transportation option to get to and from their ship as the company introduces a pre- and post-cruise motorcoach transfer service from a variety of Northeast locations.

The new service begins in May 2007 for passengers sailing aboard Crown Princess' summer Caribbean cruises from Brooklyn, and continues through the ship's Canada/New England fall cruises. Four unique roundtrip routes serve all the major metropolitan areas in the Northeast, including the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area; eastern Pennsylvania; Massachusetts; and the Connecticut/Providence, Rhode Island area.

"A traveler's vacation can start that much sooner with this new service because passengers can relax on the way to their ship without worry about driving or parking at the cruise terminal," said Jan Swartz, Princess' senior vice president of customer service and sales. "The program offers competitive rates and a convenient schedule that will make cruising from Brooklyn even more attractive to local passengers."

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach program includes four routes. The first travels from Washington, D.C. to Baltimore; Wilmington, Delaware; Philadelphia and Burlington, New Jersey. Route two runs through Pennsylvania, departing from Harrisburg and traveling to Lancaster, Reading, Allentown and Easton. The third route begins in Boston, with subsequent stops in Worcester and Springfield, Massachusetts and Hartford, Connecticut. The fourth itinerary departs from Providence, RI and travels through Connecticut with stops in New London, New Haven and Bridgeport. All routes operate in reverse as well for the post-cruise return home.

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach Service is available from May 12 to October 13, 2007. All routes feature comfortable, air-conditioned motorcoaches and can accommodate wheelchair passengers with prior notification.

Roundtrip fares for the Northeast Motorcoach Program range between $100 and $155 per person, depending on pickup location. Additional information about the new motorcoach program is available through a professional travel agent or by calling 1-800-PRINCESS.

We used this service in October. It is convenient, however...be aware that the bus originates in Washington, DC and makes a number of stops along the way. The Burlington pick-up is the last en route to NYC. Our bus was several hours late (no kidding) because the driver somehow got lost after picking up the passengers from the PHL airport! Don't ask me how, because it is super easy getting out of PHL -- I've done it many times & just did it 2 days ago. I am baffled at how he got that lost, but he did. By the time we got to the ship, we had literally 5 minutes to stop by our cabin, put down our hand-carried luggage, and rush off to muster drill.

We would use the service again, but just wanted you to be aware of the possible downside. I was glad I brought the Princess # and the Academy (bus company) #, so that I could call & get updates on status. First call we were told he was "running late", it took a few more calls during the long wait to finally get the truth that he was lost. I'm not sure who had it worse, us waiting for the bus to arrive or those stuck on the bus & lost in a ghetto area in Philly (from what some passengers told us)!

Your right geojobes -- There ain't no "h" in it ..It is Westampton..

On three previous Holland America cruises with the bus from Westampton to the NYC pier, the bus originated from Westampton with only one stop at Jamesburg, just off the NJ turnpike, and we were at the pier by 11 AM after leaving at 8:30 AM.. I hope that getting to Red Hook proves to be the same next March.. The most important thing is to get to the ship before it sails...

Archived