What d'ya think the chances are?

Dee777

My darling husband booked us on the Carnival Pride's sailing through the Panama Canal on March 22, 2009. Ah, I love that man! However, the booking was made rather late, and therefore we are placed in Cat. 5A, room 4202. He booked through Carnival directly, and was told that the likelihood was "very good" that we would get our coveted balcony cabin, as people tend to cancel their reservations closer to sailing. I am certain there are some of you who have done this, and I would really like to hear how it turned out! We do have until January 6 to back out with no penalties, but I am trying to determine if I can live in a cabin with French doors, no balcony and an obstructed view... Any and all comments are certainly welcome, thank you!

Dee :)

As long as you HAVE a view....

Honestly, if you're concerned about seeing the canal, it's best NOT to view it from your room--you'll want to be out on the ship, roaming from deck to deck and side to side! Every level and position gives a different perspective! If this is the time frame that works for you, you'll be fine. However, I know how you feel, and since we are flexible with our vacation dates, I'd rebook to get what I want!

At least the french doors open, even if you cant really get out on the sort of balcony, the little area in front of the lifeboats. I have seen some manage to get out on it if they are small. But no you cant sit out there, but at least you can get the ocean air.

Id so love to do that cruise, but cant get away for that long due to my dad's health. I promised shorter cruises out of Galveston for now, he fell and broke a hip last time I went out of Florida.

As long as you HAVE a view....

Honestly, if you're concerned about seeing the canal, it's best NOT to view it from your room--you'll want to be out on the ship, roaming from deck to deck and side to side! Every level and position gives a different perspective! If this is the time frame that works for you, you'll be fine. However, I know how you feel, and since we are flexible with our vacation dates, I'd rebook to get what I want!

What a wonderful way to put it. I will be going on my retirement cruise in 2 1/2 years and it will be my first trip through the Panama Canal. Thanks for putting it in prospective for me.

Archived