Birthday onboard

4cats1house

My husband will be celebrating his birthday while onboard.

Last year we cruised about the same time so I purchased the Birthday Package thru NCL. It was very nice. They decorated the cabin with streamers & balloons and he got a delicious cake.

I don't want to do the same thing this year.

I was planning on taking a few decorations, but do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

My husband will be celebrating his birthday while onboard.

Last year we cruised about the same time so I purchased the Birthday Package thru NCL. It was very nice. They decorated the cabin with streamers & balloons and he got a delicious cake.

I don't want to do the same thing this year.

I was planning on taking a few decorations, but do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Did you book through NCL? My DH and I will both be celebrating our birthdays on our 14 day PC cruise. My PCC noticed our birthdays and said that she would have a birthday cake delivered to our suite for each of us. My birthday is during the 1st week and DH's is the 2nd week. If your in a suite I would let the butler know and maybe he/she can arrange something special for your DH.

Book a couples massage at the spa - DH and I just did that on our recent Dawn cruise and it was a great experience. It's pricey but I'm sure he's worth it, right?

Have a romantic dinner in LeBistro, share the chocolate fondue, then take a walk around the deck under the stars.

You might want to check out the Deluxe Honeymoon Package on ncl.com as well. You don't need to be a "honeymooner" to purchase and it includes champagne/chocolate covered strawberries, breakfast in bed one morning, two 25 minute couples massage, dinner for 2 in LeBistro with a bottle of wine and a formal picture. There's also a party for honeymooners (we didn't go even though after 39 years we still consider ourselves honeymooners)...

Have a great cruise.

Happy Birthday to You....Both. What is a cake card? Im traveling soon, with a grandson who we are celebrating His birthday? Sassy

Go to the front desk and ask for a cake card. Then the night you choose give it to your waiter at dinner and he will bring a birthday cake at the end of the meal and they will sing happy birthday. Write on the card his name and age and they should write it on the cake or the plate.

Book the $79 Romance Package. That way, you'll have champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for you to board, canapes one night, and dinner and a bottle of wine at Le Bistro during your cruise. A great value and it even includes a voucher for a 5x7 photo or a discount off a larger size.

On another thread, someone stated that they went to the dollar store and bought all kinds of streamers and other decorations, handed the room attendant $20, and asked them to go wild. That's another option as well.

If you want to go over the top, see if you can talk to the CD or one of his/her staff to have your husband called out during or before a show.

The cake card is free. The cake it gets isn't a large cake its a little bigger then a CD but its about two inches high and comes decorated. Coast guard laws makes it so they can't put any candles on it but sometimes a waiter holds out a lighter to blow out. Its fun! Thats the only free birthday amenity I can think of.

Does anyone know if NCL offers cabin door decor? On our first Majesty cruise, the 2 cabins next to ours had their doors draped with a plastic sheet with a cute motif of the caribbean. It was about the size of the whole door itself.

It really cheered up our hall and made finding our cabin that much easier.. if you know what I mean. ;)

I was just wondering if the pax had purchased theirs outside the ship or if it was something NCL has to offer.

Thanks!

On our last cruise I celebrated my birthday - and will again on our next! YAY! I didn't pre-order any cakes, nor did I get a cake card... my daughter told our server the night before my actual birthday and they just brought out a cake and all the servers from the section sang to me. We got another cake the next night at Teppanyaki, but I don't think it was pre-ordered either.

My biggest suggestion is to TELL EVERYONE!! I'm a big birthday person - not only my own, but everyone's - I think it should be special, no matter what your age. It's the one day that you get to celebrate just for yourself - and what a thing to celebrate - LIFE!!! Anyway, Retiredonthesea can tell you, I did NOT keep my birthday a secret!! I told everyone I met that I would be celebrating it that Wednesday - other passengers, staff, everyone I met... and on my birthday, everywhere I went someone had a big smile for me and a 'Happy Birthday!' I even got a few drinks out of the deal, but the best part was all the well wishers. It made me feel really special and happy. :)

Happy birthday to everyone celebrating... today, tomorrow, whenever, on board or off!!

Does anyone know if NCL offers cabin door decor? On our first Majesty cruise, the 2 cabins next to ours had their doors draped with a plastic sheet with a cute motif of the caribbean. It was about the size of the whole door itself.

It really cheered up our hall and made finding our cabin that much easier.. if you know what I mean. ;)

I was just wondering if the pax had purchased theirs outside the ship or if it was something NCL has to offer.

Thanks!

The passenger purchased it, we do this every cruise, mainly so we can find our cabin after a few drinks, your local party store probably sells the.

I always make some sort of a door decoration. It's a fun thing to do and we have often seen them on Carnival. One cruise was with the Parrottheads and talk about door decorations...:eek: they had a contest and some of them had boxes and boxes of decorations for their doors. It was really something to see. This year we will be cruising on our 40th Anniversary and my birthday is two days later, so we will definitely have some decorations.:D

I always make some sort of a door decoration. It's a fun thing to do and we have often seen them on Carnival. One cruise was with the Parrottheads and talk about door decorations...:eek: they had a contest and some of them had boxes and boxes of decorations for their doors. It was really something to see. This year we will be cruising on our 40th Anniversary and my birthday is two days later, so we will definitely have some decorations.:D

Now you're talkin'! A personal Door!! How intriguing! Hmmmm.. what shall I use??

Go to the front desk and ask for a cake card. Then the night you choose give it to your waiter at dinner and he will bring a birthday cake at the end of the meal and they will sing happy birthday. Write on the card his name and age and they should write it on the cake or the plate.

Maybe you know the answer to this one....I'm booked for my 50th birthday and they told me you can't celebrate a birthday with a cake on a one nighter. Whats up with that? this is a special birthday for me.

My husband had his birthday during our cruise, but he HATES having any public attention drawn to it. So I didn't order or plan anything special for him, other than the gifts we gave him in our cabin.

But his key card didn't register when we disembarked in Bermuda, so they told him to go to the front desk to get a new one. When the staffer got the new card for him, she said, "Oh, it's your birthday" and gave him a cake card. Just to annoy my husband, I took it and simply laid it on the table for the waiter to see when we had dinner that evening. The waiter not only brought him a cake with a candle, but half a dozen waiters sang happy birthday to him with great gusto--exactly what he hates--and people around us all applauded. I told him he'd be a stronger man for surviving the experience! :-D

Maybe you know the answer to this one....I'm booked for my 50th birthday and they told me you can't celebrate a birthday with a cake on a one nighter. Whats up with that? this is a special birthday for me.

I think they can't do the big birthday package because of time issues but they should still give you a cake card at the reception desk and you can still get the small cake at dinner. I can't think of any reason why they couldn't do that.

Archived