Scavi Tour Question

We're confirmed for the Scavi Tour in September-YEAH! We are also interested in touring St. Peters Basillica immediately following the tour. Does anyone know if the tour allows us to go into the Cathedral or do we need to go outside and wait in line to get in?

Thanks!

We were left outside after the Scavi tour. So, entering St. Peter's requires waiting in line.

Congrats on getting the tour. I'm sure you will enjoy!

Edit: You know, come to think of it, since you are under the basilica, I bet if you ask your guide to allow you to go directly to the basilica, he/she may show the way. Give it a try.

We were left outside after the Scavi tour. So, entering St. Peter's requires waiting in line.

Congrats on getting the tour. I'm sure you will enjoy!

Edit: You know, come to think of it, since you are under the basilica, I bet if you ask your guide to allow you to go directly to the basilica, he/she may show the way. Give it a try.

Our guide lead us right back into the Basilica! It was right before Mass, so we stayed. (5pm each day) I do believe there was some sort of construction, so the normal entrance/exit was not available at the time (August 5th)

Janet

We ended our tour where the Popes are entombed (catacombs), which is under St. Peters, then when we came up, we could go right into St. Peters. Ask your tour guide before you start and tell them you want to go right into St. Peters after you are done, so you won't be brought out to where you started.

Archived