Galley tour question

booboo925

As you can see, it depends on the individual ship and, I suspect, on the matre d's. On the Victory out of Charleston on 5/26 the tour was at 4 pm on our last day at sea, and was not listed in the Carnival Capers. We found out by asking our matre d'. The Victory's kitchen spans the entire width of deck 3 (the Lobby deck) and the tour began in the Atlantic dining room and then went directly through the kitchen to the Pacific dining room. There were sous chefs in the kitchen preparing appetizers as we went through, and our tour was guided by one of the head waiters and began with a talk by one of the ship's officers. I was fascinated to discover that the galley prepares 10,000 meals a day for passengers and crew, and that the food service staff comprise more than 700 of the Victory's 1100 member crew.

You can see some galley tour pictures by going to my blog at http://americansabroad.blogspot.com

and then clicking on the "Bahamas Cruise" photo link.

LoL, because Platinum members don't spread virus? Yet another perk I can look forward to!

(tongue in cheek)

Sol y Mar

Yes, only us lowly non-platinum members get sick. Apparently Platinum members are immune from all illnesses! :cool:

we did the galley tour on the conquest this past july. ours was at the beginning of the cruise (either the 1st or 2nd sea day). it was basically a walk thru. there was an intro speech from the maitre'd at the beginning of the tour that took about 15min and that was about it. i guess we expected more out of the tour, but at least our curiousity was satisfied. we probably won't do it again on future cruises.

Archived